PDA

View Full Version : cable glove

miranda
11-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi.
I am new to this forum. I knitted when I was 15. Then I put work down for a long time. I took it up again three years ago, but then people kept criticising me for knitting. They say it is too time consuming. So I stopped again.

Last week I got so ill, I can't stop getting ill over again since one month now. So I thought I could take a break and do something nice. This is how these gloves were born. It is the first time I make gloves. I like the colour - and the glitter :-) I "invented" the pattern myself after I messed up a try on lace.

Hope you like them. (probably I will keep them a secret so no-one will criticise me this time...)
Best Wishes, miranda

-------------------------

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10402;102/st/20070118/e/PhD+Oral+Exam/dt/8/k/bb14/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Jan in CA
11-12-2006, 01:25 PM
First of of all a pox on those people who discouraged you! Don't listen to them! If you enjoy knitting then do it anyway! Life's too short to listen to people like that.

I hope you start feeling better soon! That is a going to be a pretty pair of gloves!

gardenmommy
11-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Is there a sparkle in that yarn? So pretty!

And I agree...time consuming? At least you have something to show for your time spent...if they sit and watch TV, what do they have at the end of their time spent!

miranda
11-13-2006, 12:44 PM
:hug: Thanks so much for the encouragement!
Yes, it is true, when knitting, you end up with a beautiful and useful product. I will tell people. They were just saying that today, you can buy pullovers, gloves or scarfs much easier than knitting them. But when I knit something, it helps me relax plus I end up with something very unique.

@ gardenmommy: yes, ther is colour-changing sparkle in it. I think it is lurex. It is really pretty wool. I am sorry the picture does not give a good impression of it. The basic colour is violet and then the lurex winds around the yarn changing colour.

The cold got better as well. Thanks.
miranda

Pixywhispers
11-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Lookin good!

Rennagayle
11-13-2006, 03:33 PM
They were just saying that today, you can buy pullovers, gloves or scarfs much easier than knitting them

Well, sure, but wait until they start getting handmade knitted gifts from you. I bet they'll change their tune, then! :mrgreen:

My 22 year old daughter lives far, far, away from me, across the ocean in Germany. I got to see her last month for the first time in two years. I'd learned to knit since she was last home, and gave her a long, thick, warm scarf I'd knit her. She wears it everyday now, and tells me it makes her feel even warmer knowing "her mommy" made it for her. :hug:

There's something special about handmade. :thumbsup:

Oops! I forgot to say, what you're making is looking beautiful! :D