PDA

View Full Version : Mag Knits "Whitewater Wristwarmers"

susanc
11-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone:

This is the first time for me to submit a KAL. I want to make Mag Knits "Whitewater Wristwarmers" (http://magknits.com/Oct06/patterns/whitewater.htm) and wondered if anyone else would join me! I am, however, substituting the yarn that I will be using. I don't necessarily want to spend that much on yarn for this project.

I thought these would be really pretty and they are more dressy than some of the other wristwarmers I have seen. I hope some of you will join me!

Angelia
11-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Oh my, Susan, those are beautiful!! I'd love to join you, though it will have to be after Christmas.

Have you started your pair yet?

susanc
11-19-2006, 10:35 AM
I actually did and got one pattern round done and then I dropped a stitch and couldn't get it back on the needles the right way, got so frustrated and frogged the entire thing! :!!!: I should have put it down at that point because I was starting to get tired ~ I know better! :wall: I am going to start them again at the end of next week actually! If you'd like to make a pair, I'll make them again after Christmas with you ~ just let me know. They are really pretty! Not a very hard pattern either. I just haven't ever used size 2 needles before, but they aren't too bad.

Andrea
11-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Ohhhhhhh pretty! I just saw that yarn at my YS yesterday! :inlove:

susanc
11-19-2006, 11:13 AM
It's more than I want to spend on yarn right now though. I'm sure it's super soft! :hug:

Angelia
11-19-2006, 11:19 AM
How much does that yarn go for, Andrea? Silk would be soooooo verray niiiiice!

Sorry you had to :frog: Susan! Knitting on size 2s takes getting used to, but it's not bad at all. What's weird, though, is going from a project on size 2s to one on 15s... :rofl:

susanc
11-19-2006, 11:44 AM
How much does that yarn go for, Andrea? Silk would be soooooo verray niiiiice!

Sorry you had to :frog: Susan! Knitting on size 2s takes getting used to, but it's not bad at all. What's weird, though, is going from a project on size 2s to one on 15s... :rofl:

I think the yarn is about $14.00/hank/skein and this pattern takes 2 hanks/skeins.

Oh well! It was good practice! I do like knitting on the size 2 needles. The stitches move very smoothly across the metal dpns ~ I like that! I bet it would be weird to go from 2s to 15s! For sure! :rofl:

Andrea
11-19-2006, 07:58 PM
That's how much it was in my YS. And I had it in my hand because it was 20% day. :pout: I couldn't figure out what I could do with it :shrug: Now I know and it's too late :verysad:

susanc
11-19-2006, 08:19 PM
That's too bad Andrea. :verysad: It looks gorgeous, but I just don't want to spend that much. I'm going to do mine in Lion Brand Micro Spun yarn ~ it's cheap! That way if I really like how they turn out, I can buy a nicer yarn, but not at almost $14.00/skein. I don't think I want to spend $28.00 on wristwarmers right now, but I could change my mind! You never know! :eyebrow:

I'll post pics when I start them. I just bought a new Kodak Easy Share camera and dock today and just got done setting it up. Now I just have to figure out how to transfer pics from the camera to my computer! :?? It's absolutely amazing what these cameras can do. It's a little intimidating, as this is my first digital camera! :oops:

Angelia
11-19-2006, 08:28 PM
I have an Easy Share! All you have to do is load the software that comes with the camera--it's a snap!

$14 a skein, hm? That's not bad for silk...I don't know if I want the responsibility of silk, though! :teehee:

susanc
11-19-2006, 08:39 PM
I have an Easy Share! All you have to do is load the software that comes with the camera--it's a snap!

$14 a skein, hm? That's not bad for silk...I don't know if I want the responsibility of silk, though! :teehee:

Yeah, it's fairly easy. I just transferred a test pic to my computer. Amazing! This is going to be FUN!!! :happydance:

I'm with you ~ I don't want the responsibility of silk either! :teehee: Maybe some day I will, but not right now!

Angelia
11-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Sooo, have you started the wristwarmers yet, Susan?

susanc
11-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Uh, no! :oops: I was going to this weekend, but we ended up celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday because my brother and his family were all sick. Then yesterday we celebrated my mom's birthday. It was a busy weekend! I didn't get a chance to today, but I'm hoping to start them tomorrow.

Angelia
11-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Oh, sorry about all the sicknesses! :pout:

I can't start mine until after Christmas anyway, so there's no rush here!

susanc
11-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks Angelia. It's that time of year when a lot of people seem to get sick. :pout:

That's fine about the wristwarmers. We'll plan on after Christmas then. :cheering:

I hope you're having a good day. I love your avatar, BTW! That's one of my favorite movies. I watch it every year and never get tired of it. It's such a great movie! :roflhard: :heart: :roflhard: :heart:

Angelia
11-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Yes, after Christmas!! :happydance:

Oh, it's become my favorite Christmas movie! When TBS (or is it TNT?) runs the 24-hour thing, I watch it over and over again!

susanc
11-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Yes, after Christmas!! :happydance:

Oh, it's become my favorite Christmas movie! When TBS (or is it TNT?) runs the 24-hour thing, I watch it over and over again!

Oh good, that will be something to look forward to doing!

And yes, I can't remember which station, but I do the same! :rofl: