PDA

View Full Version : Noni Carpet bag with flowers

smeeks
11-12-2006, 05:09 PM
I finished my Mum's birthday present last night :cheering:
Her birthday is today - so I can't wait to give it to her.

I used patterns from Noni Bags for the carpet bag and the flowers and also created a bagform and lining using supplies from Michaels.

It turned out better than I thought it would! I just hope Mum likes it.

newamy
11-12-2006, 05:11 PM
That looks very professional and beautiful.

Jan in CA
11-12-2006, 05:19 PM
That's fabulous!! :inlove:

knit-errant
11-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I think it came out beautifully! Fantastic job on the flowers! :)

Petals
11-12-2006, 06:13 PM
:heart: :heart: I love it. Fantastic job!! I made one for my daughter but didn't have the flower pattern and couldn't find it anywhere except online. The flowers really set it off. Are those the camellias?

What is the bagform that you talk of? Is it a kit or what? Also, I like the handles. What size are they? Pleeez :teehee:

gardenmommy
11-12-2006, 08:11 PM
What an awesome bag! I'm sure she will LOVE it!

mwedzi
11-13-2006, 11:31 AM
It looks great. I really want to make bags like that, but I can't sew worth, um, doodly. Did the purse form really make it much easier than just sewing, or was it just as difficult but the purpose of the purse form was to add structure (rather than make it easier to sew)?

callmesusan
11-13-2006, 11:40 AM
How adorable is that!

Angelia
11-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow!! That looks professionally made! :notworthy: :notworthy: What a gorgeous giftie!

becjo
11-13-2006, 02:32 PM
That is the cutest bag! It's beautiful! :heart:

becjo
11-13-2006, 02:36 PM
That is the cutest bag! It's beautiful! :heart:

Jouf
11-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Looks fantastic and as everyone says, sooo professional. You should be proud!

kemp
11-16-2006, 05:53 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: Beautiful!

smeeks
11-27-2006, 12:39 PM
It looks great. I really want to make bags like that, but I can't sew worth, um, doodly. Did the purse form really make it much easier than just sewing, or was it just as difficult but the purpose of the purse form was to add structure (rather than make it easier to sew)?

I actually didn't buy a purse form... i went to Micheals and bought some plastic canvas. It was the biggest pain in the butt as i had to measure the felted bag and then basically cut the plastic canvas in to 5 pieces to match the front and back sides, the bottom and the left and right sides. I then sewed the pieces together, then cut out matching sized cloth for the lining. I then sewed the lining on and then placed the "form" into the bag and sewed it to the bag.

I'm sure that there are easier ways to do this... but this was my first attempt at a lined bag - and also my LYS didn't have any bag forms!!

smeeks
11-27-2006, 12:41 PM
:heart: :heart: I love it. Fantastic job!! I made one for my daughter but didn't have the flower pattern and couldn't find it anywhere except online. The flowers really set it off. Are those the camellias?

What is the bagform that you talk of? Is it a kit or what? Also, I like the handles. What size are they? Pleeez :teehee:

I made the bagform myself using plastic canvas. and yes the flowers are the camellias. I'll have to get back to you on the handles.. i got them at my LYS - all i know is that they are made of wood...

smeeks
11-27-2006, 12:41 PM

I made the bagform myself using plastic canvas. and yes the flowers are the camellias. I'll have to get back to you on the handles.. i got them at my LYS - all i know is that they are made of wood...

Mama Bear
11-28-2006, 02:24 PM
That's a really great bag! Striking use of colors. The flowers are great.

Mama Bear