PDA

View Full Version : Embroidery Machines

*KnitPixie*
11-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Does anyone know anything about embroidery machines? I am particularly interested in the Brother Disney models. I have some questions and thought.... hey maybe one of my friends on kh would know :teehee: If you have knowledge about them reply and I will respond with questions. Thanks everyone

Emeraldcutie
11-13-2006, 08:56 AM
I have the brother machine, mine is the snoopy edition. :)

I like it pretty much, only down fall is that you either need to buy cards or the box to get more patterns then the pre-loaded.

There are new ones that have a built in usb connection to download in the memory.

I got mine from a neighbour who was returnung to england and couldn't take it with her, I know they normally sell around 1,200 canadian. The service man who did a maintence check on mine said the collectors one (disney and snoopy etc) are worth more.

Only thing I could reccomend is, don't go with cheap thread - use whats reccomended, use really good stabilizer for the emb. And the proper needles. Mine was mis-treated for several uses by the previous owner and it cost me 250.00 to get the thread guides, needle plate and motor assembly re-aligned. If you use the machine regularly it should get a whole tune up every 2 years approx.

Amy other questions just ask :)

Here's a sample of what I have done on my machine.