PDA

View Full Version : Winter Interweave Knits

mwedzi
11-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Anyone else get their copy yet? I picked mine up at my LYS Friday. Lots of nice stuff in this one. I like the cover sweater and Rambling Rose. The Venezia Pullover is beautiful, you have to see a better picture than what's on this preview, but it's worked on size 2 needles! All that intricate color work and shaping done on size 2's. Wow.

I think the thing I'd be most likely to knit from there, though, is the Cabernet Ribs.

http://www.interweave.com/knit/interweave_knits/preview/2006_winter.asp

thischicknits
11-14-2006, 12:24 AM
I just got my copy and am also really like the cabernet rib - it looks beautiful and cozy...It may be just in time to request some holiday gift certificates to the LYS! There are a few others I like as well...looks like we'll never run out of things to knit!

brendajos
11-14-2006, 12:48 AM
I wonder if the guy in the retrograde sweater knows that it looks like he put on his girlfriend's sweater when he left the house. :whistle:

there's cute stuff in there but i would never make most of them...

mwedzi
11-14-2006, 10:49 AM
I wonder if the guy in the retrograde sweater knows that it looks like he put on his girlfriend's sweater when he left the house. :whistle:

there's cute stuff in there but i would never make most of them...

hahaha. it doesn't look so much like a girl's sweater to me, as it does just unflattering and tent-like.

so if you think the stuff in there is cute, why wouldn't you make it?

brendajos
11-14-2006, 10:52 AM
apparently YOU have never heard that i am incredibly lazy knitter... :teehee: too many sweaters that i can't wear and waaaaaaay too much work! ;)

Compulsive
11-14-2006, 11:28 AM
I love the A Cardigan for Arwen for my pre-teen

And for myself, the Corded Yoke Pullover and The Rambling Rose. Although, I hate knitting anything larger than a hat on needles smaller than size 4--yikes!

Jeep_Girl
11-14-2006, 09:57 PM
I may be blind but I can't find the following in this issue but it is on the link for the winter issue:

Old World Booties
Gryphon Perkins

Yarn Patons Classic Wool Merino (100% wool; 223 yd [204 m]/100 g): Green booties: #204 leaf green, 1 skein. Blue booties: #215 blue storm (A) and #238 paprika (B), 1 skein each. Gold booties: #204 old gold (A) and #238 paprika (B), 1 skein each.

For those who have the magazine - would you mind looking and seeing if you can find it? I don't know what is wrong with my eyes. Thanks.

Julie
11-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Lisa, I believe that the last three patterns are subscriber-only patterns that can be downloaded from the web site. When you sub, you get a code on the front of your magazine that will get you into the sub-only area. :D

Jeep_Girl
11-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Thanks Julie~ you are right. After I posted - I went up to the website and chose the projects - and there they were! It was driving me NUTS!

itsbecca1979
11-14-2006, 11:00 PM
I love the Corded Yole Pullover, but my boobies are too big, I don't think they make strapless bras my size :teehee:

knittingdoula
11-15-2006, 01:00 AM
I was waiting for this issue to come out to finally see Eunny Jang's Fair Isle. I wasn't disappointed. I would, however, tweak the color scheme a bit if I chose to do the project. Pretty advanced knitting, but it looks fun!

Alison

moon
11-15-2006, 11:57 AM
I love the Cardigan for Arwen. The rest I'm not crazy about. The Nantucket Jacket is pretty but kind of boxy. The socks and fingerless gloves are cute.

kemp
11-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Darn it. I do see a couple fo thinks in there I like...just let my subscription expire though!

jamiejeans
11-15-2006, 06:46 PM
There is very little I don't like in IK, but I have yet to knit anything in it. My favorite is on the cover. Lovely!