PDA

View Full Version : Invisibility cloak

The Spider
11-14-2006, 01:53 AM
Hi, I want to knit an invisibility cloak for a friend for Christmas, but I'm having a hard time finding the necessary enchanted fiber for a reasonable price.

The pattern calls for a unicorn/wookie/dragon's silk blend, but the cheapest I've seen it is, like $500 for 100 yards! Yikes! Anyone know of any good online specials on enchanted yarn for magical knitted items?

humblestumble
11-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Have you tried the inner workings of your car? That's where all the bad unicorns like to mess up tail pipes and fuel injection systems... you may have to clean the unicorn first though, he may be a little dirty from all the trampling. Also, you'd have to spin the fur, and probably shave it to get it.

I'd say it's too much work to do for the friend, so just give him a hanger, he'll never be the wiser.

brendajos
11-14-2006, 02:06 AM
lmao.....what the.......... :teehee:

do i need giggles like this before i should be going to sleep? well hopefully that makes for good dreams! :muah:

Jan in CA
11-14-2006, 02:16 AM
Wait... how did it become April 1 already!? I missed Christmas? :teehee:

mulene
11-14-2006, 08:12 AM
When you find the stuff let me know - I'd like to make something small from enchanted yarn. I dunno, an invisibility hat maybe, to make my head disappear so people can't see me having a bad hair day!

Ingrid
11-14-2006, 08:56 AM
I have some invisible yarn around here someplace. I'll sell it to you for $250!

And if you know of any emperors in need of a new suit, let me know! :wink:

nonny2t
11-14-2006, 09:25 AM
When you find the stuff let me know - I'd like to make something small from enchanted yarn. I dunno, an invisibility hat maybe, to make my head disappear so people can't see me having a bad hair day!

Let me know if you ever hunt up this stuff. I would like to make some of my relatives disappear! :oops: I did NOT say that!

Stonington
11-14-2006, 09:28 AM
:roflhard: I am sure that many of us feel the same way

anne
n sebago me

newamy
11-14-2006, 10:24 AM
If I recall correctly invisibility cloaks are actually made from a very rare kind of silk from a rare magical silk worm.... I will have to check my Magical Creatures book.

In any event a muggle will have difficulty finding it and coming up with the Galleons for it.

Stonington
11-14-2006, 10:34 AM
I think we are alllll very ready for the next Harry Potter book here! :nails:

anne
n sebago me
:flirt:

Stiney
11-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Did someone say Invisibility Cloak? (http://science.howstuffworks.com/invisibility-cloak.htm)

lindakh
11-14-2006, 11:31 AM
So funny!!

I actually had a pattern for an invisibility cloak, but it was written on enchanted paper and I don't remember the encantation to reveal it. Oh well.

nonny2t
11-14-2006, 11:47 AM
So funny!!

I actually had a pattern for an invisibility cloak, but it was written on enchanted paper and I don't remember the encantation to reveal it. Oh well.

Sounds like you need to go back to Hogwarts for a refresher course. Flunked your O.W.L.S., did you??? :teehee:

I agree, I am ready for the last book and for the next movie. I have to say it is :oops: to be 53 years old and love these darn books. I am a voracious reader, but never read the same book twice. I have read her series at least 10 times through! Could it be the books have spells?? :eyebrow:

Lisa Kay
11-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Let me know if you ever hunt up this stuff. I would like to make some of my relatives disappear! :oops: I did NOT say that!

Yep, I'd have to agree. Especially at this time of year when they really make me :wall: !

psammeadred
11-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Haven't you heard? The Ministry of Magic has listed the demiguise as an endangered magical species, mainly because Rufus Scrimgeour owns stock in Kloak & Daggeres, the sole manufacturer of Invisibility Cloaks.

And yes, I am very eagerly anticipating the release of the next movie and ESPECIALLY the seventh book. (As long as Remus Lupin survives! And Snape is not evil!)

nonny2t
11-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Haven't you heard? The Ministry of Magic has listed the demiguise as an endangered magical species, mainly because Rufus Scrimgeour owns stock in Kloak & Daggeres, the sole manufacturer of Invisibility Cloaks.

And yes, I am very eagerly anticipating the release of the next movie and ESPECIALLY the seventh book. (As long as Remus Lupin survives! And Snape is not evil!)

I have a feeling that Snape is not gonna come out of this a good guy no matter what. My dd thinks Snape is the bomb! I do agree that I hope she doesn't kill off Remus, but my gut says Harry is going to die along with Voldemort. I didn't like the 6th book much, but it was needed to tie up everything and make sense.

Ronda
11-15-2006, 04:14 PM
my gut says Harry is going to die along with Voldemort

Oh man. I certainly hope not! That's what I'm afraid of, too, but the poor kid has a right to some amount of hapiness in his life!

lissalue
11-15-2006, 04:27 PM
i must say, i agree that harry will probably die and it isn't looking like snape is going to be a good guy. i so wanted a happy ending!

Chel
11-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Heh! The Spider has the best sense of humour!

Jackie M.
11-15-2006, 07:08 PM
[quote=lindakh]So funny!!

I agree, I am ready for the last book and for the next movie. I have to say it is :oops: to be 53 years old and love these darn books. I am a voracious reader, but never read the same book twice. I have read her series at least 10 times through! Could it be the books have spells?? :eyebrow:

LOL....I think the books have spells. I am 56 and also have never read a book twice. I have read up to book 4 twice and will read book5 again when it's time for the movie. I was reading a Potter newsgroup yesterday and someone asked the age of the readers. No one was under 30 and most were between 40-69 y/o. It's a spell I tell you! JKR is a witch too.