PDA

View Full Version : Christmas presents! (Hats!) (New FO!)

jess_hawk
11-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Here are some hats I'm working on for Christmas presents. More will follow. The blue one was my "warm up" hat, it will either go to the boyfriend of a friend (I don't like him much, hence why he gets the warm up hat; its cheap and crappy) or (if boyfriend is making me too mad) my brother (we've been having a competition to see who can get the other a cheaper present). The red and navy one is for my best friend. The blue yarn in both of them is an acryllic/nylon and the red is wool. Also, the blue one is knit from a pattern and the navy/red one was started from a pattern and then deviated because I did it double layered instead of single.

CarmenIbanez
11-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Cute!

Pixywhispers
11-14-2006, 06:58 PM
They are adorable!

jess_hawk
11-14-2006, 07:15 PM
:D Thanks!

Wait until I finish the one I'm on now... its going to be awesome!

Jan in CA
11-14-2006, 07:53 PM
What a neat double hat! Those will be nice gifts!

Amber
11-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Cute! I love the red one especially!! Nice work!

Lieke
11-15-2006, 02:49 AM
they look great. I really love the double knit hat :heart:

nonny2t
11-15-2006, 10:10 AM
The picture of the peachy orange one sitting upside down looked like a beautiful indian vase or something. They are beautiful! Keep up the good work!

Mama Bear
11-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Great job on the Christmas knitting! I need to knit fast if I'm going to get done.

Mama Bear

jess_hawk
11-19-2006, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the comments, everyone. This is my next hat. It is also double knit, but it is done in merino for the one yarn, and baby alpaca for the other. Both yarns are black. As I have recently begun to tell one of my beginner friends... never knit anything in two yarns of the same color. :roflhard: I'm getting to the point where I can tell which yarn is which without looking, and I can also find the pattern that I am putting into it. I did both yarns black because its for a guy and I didn't want the pattern to stand out strongly - even though it is flames. The pattern is at www.headhuggers.org, and its the flame hat; though I'm double knitting it instead of doing bobbins. If you look really closely at the close up picture, you can tell that some of the stitches reflect more light than others? that's the alpaca.
Anyway, I'm about halfway done, but it IS all downhill from here. Hopefully I'll be finished with this one and one more before the end of the week!

jberry16
11-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Great job on the Christmas knitting! I need to knit fast if I'm going to get done.

Mama Bear
me too, was stupid in thinking I could knit my sister a celtic cable scarf by Christmas, it's only a quarter way done, and it takes me 45 min to do 16 rows=1pattern repeat. :wall: xxx

jess_hawk
11-22-2006, 01:41 PM
ok I'm not sure where my black hat picture went, I thought I added it a while back. :shrug: :wall: :?? . Oh well, so here it is. This is Justin's hat, which I am double knitting like the red and blue one above, only this one is being done in all black. I'm past the halfway point, which took me a week... hope I'll finish this week! Anyway... if you look closely on the close up picture, you can see that some of the stitches are shinier than others. That is the alpaca wool. I am using the pattern for the flame hat from www.headhuggers.org , on slightly bigger needles to compensate for the double layers. You can't see the pattern unless you really look, even on the actual hat... which is precisely the look I was going for. If he doesn't notice it right away, I've done a good job. :)

aineepooh1
11-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Love your stitchmarkes!! :heart: :rofl:

jess_hawk
11-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Yay! Justin's hat is finished!!! You can just barely see the design in this photo... just as I wanted it. :happydance: