PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIES

Cleo
11-16-2006, 12:49 PM
:teehee:

Hello Knitees,

Any of you "Newbies" get excited over the little things?

I just made fingerless mitts and wound my yarn using the demo "How to Wind a Center Pull Ball", (I thought this would take time to do right) BUT IT WAS SO EASY AND WORKED WITHOUT A HITCH (no snags at all) !!!

:cheering:

stitchwitch
11-16-2006, 12:52 PM
:cheering:

brendajos
11-16-2006, 01:12 PM
well i feel like i am newbie-ish and i get excited over just about everything i make...lol

my non-knitting friends are forced to endure pictures of my works too...:teehee:

HamburgKnitter
11-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Oh yeah. I made my husband see "how cool" the decreases on my hat looked. :teehee:

Jan in CA
11-16-2006, 02:00 PM
I've been knitting for a year now and I still get excited over something new...or anything really. :teehee: I'm making a cabled afghan and I keep showing DH what I'm doing. :rofl:

dustinac
11-16-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm the same way.. I've made 4 pairs of slipper socks and with each sock I finish I have to run and show dh... he is like yeah thats nice looks like the others did :rofl: :roflhard:

nonny2t
11-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I keep shoving stuff in my dh's face too, poor man. When I do something wrong and :!!!: he always asks me what's wrong then empathizes at least.

My biggest thrill is understanding a pattern. If I can figure out what the pattern means, I am :roflhard: .

Stiney
11-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Whenever I make a noise, my mom gets all excited. "Did you mess up?!" but she doesn't care when I do something and it comes out nice.

All she keeps saying is, "You better hurry up," about Andee's pattern. (I have one more sleeve.)

jodstr2
11-16-2006, 02:37 PM
<---------- n00b here just learned Magic Loop last week. :oops: :cheering:

Mulderknitter
11-16-2006, 02:41 PM
I've been knitting for over a year now and still like others have to show dh everything i do! Even when it's a basic scarf, I run to him and go "lookeee what I can do!" :woot:
he does get excited though when I learn something new, and he even has a whole list of things he wants me to make him! :roflhard:

jodstr2
11-16-2006, 03:47 PM
I've been knitting for over a year now and still like others have to show dh everything i do! Even when it's a basic scarf, I run to him and go "lookeee what I can do!" :woot:
he does get excited though when I learn something new, and he even has a whole list of things he wants me to make him! :roflhard:

oooh :rofl: I do the same! he humors me by pretending to be interested. :rofl:
if he's feeling snarky, he says, "good, now you can sell it."

Stiney
11-16-2006, 03:53 PM

He shouldn't get snarky at a woman with sharp needles and scissors. :rofl:

lissalue
11-16-2006, 03:58 PM

my dh is the same way, and yes, i get very excited over everything!! when i tell him all about all of you and how excited we all get for each other, he says we are all a bunch of "knitwits" :roflhard: :rofl: he says it all in love though, at least it better be in love, as cawthraven points out, i have sharp needlies and scissors!!!

brendajos
11-16-2006, 04:00 PM

my dh is the same way, and yes, i get very excited over everything!! when i tell him all about all of you and how excited we all get for each other, he says we are all a bunch of "knitwits" :roflhard: :rofl: he says it all in love though, at least it better be in love, as cawthraven points out, i have sharp needlies and scissors!!!

:!!!: harrrrumph....tell him to shape up cuz he doesn't want us to come over there and take care of stuff! :!!!:

:teehee:

lissalue
11-16-2006, 04:03 PM
:roflhard: :rofl: :chair: i will be sure to tell him that!!

trollgirl
11-16-2006, 04:04 PM
When I made my first cables I just stared at them for a full five minutes. I live alone so had no one else to share my excitement with. I've tried to show my cat things, but she just thinks it's for chewing. I may have called my boyfriend on the phone to squeal about my first cables though. I did show them to him on the weekend and he couldn't see them because he didn't quite understand what cables were. I had to show them the twisty bit and then he was like, "Oh."

I was also very excited a couple weekends ago when I first dyed my yarn. I would just stare at it. And touch it. Sometimes, I'd sniff it. I used Kool-Aid, so the smell hung around for a bit. And then I would go into the bathroom (where it was drying) every so often to stare at it. And when I came home from work the first thing in my head was "I need to look at my dyed yarn."

Ingrid
11-16-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm hardly a newbie, but when I do a stitch pattern that looks really cool, or see yarn that is gorgeous, or see something take shape with shortrows and such, I'm still impressed and stop to admire it.

stitchwitch
11-16-2006, 05:47 PM
:teehee: Everybody in my family is subjected to my knitted items. Last time my parents came over I had everything they hadn't seen before on the table for them to look at. It's a joke now, my dad walks in and says to me "ok, where's the knitted stuff that I have to look at!". :roflhard: Every phone call is started with "so how's the (insert project) going?". I'm fortunate to have a really great support base from my husband and family. I'm sure they're sick of looking at my stuff but they put on a good front for my sake. :rofl:

kemp
11-16-2006, 05:58 PM
:roflhard: I get excited about stuff like that all the time!

CreativeCreature
11-17-2006, 04:50 PM
I am a newbie too and I get very excited when I make something. Especially when I made my first DPNs project. It was such a huge thing for me, I woke up my husband to show off my loverly hat. :teehee: I've made another hat since then and I've started 2 others. And two scarves are OTNs.

I am so excited when I finish something, so proud of what I've done. I have a husband who'll take the time to look at and appreciate what I've done. Even if he's not at all interested, he makes a good show of it. :teehee: