PDA

View Full Version : OT--accckkk!!!

yeah_im_crazy
11-18-2006, 02:22 AM
has anybody ever had their eyebrows threaded?? it HURTS.

Stiney
11-18-2006, 02:51 AM
I've wanted it done, but I was told straight up that it hurts way worse than waxing, and that scared me away.

The plus side is you won't have to worry about those pesky hairs for a loooong time.

Jan in CA
11-18-2006, 03:06 AM
My daughter has hers threaded. She said it hurts, but it was nice not to have to worry about regrowth so quickly. :shrug:

nonny2t
11-18-2006, 06:25 AM
Ok, well, that isn't a problem for me. Ummmmm, wayyyyyy back in 1971 when I was stupid, I um sort of shaved them off accidently because plucking hurt too much. I started out fine, but little by little I kept trimming and ooopps the one was gone so I had to do the other one! I had just started dating Jack and thank goodness I had glasses that covered my baldness because I am a blond and whew boy did I look stupid. I thought I got away with it until he and I went to the lake together and I took my glasses off to go swimming. :oops: Anyway, they never grew back much so I don't have to pluck or whatever. I actually have to use eyebrow pencil and smudge it in to give myself much of an eyebrow you can see. I wear contacts so now I look stupid without doing that.

The procedure does look like some kind of torture treatment though. Of course, putting hot wax on them doesn't sound like a walk in the park. :rofl:

XbelovedXoneX
11-18-2006, 10:09 AM
I have never heard of this threading thing! *goes to look it up*

KellyK
11-18-2006, 10:19 AM
OMG IT HURTS SOOOOO MUCH! :hair:

They opened up a threading kiosk in the mall.... so there I am sitting in a reclining chair while people stopped to WATCH... I couldnt even CRY!!!

Stiney
11-18-2006, 01:37 PM
I first heard of it about 5 years ago, from my roommate. It's very common India. She's a baby when it comes to pain (she's the first to tell you :teehee:) but she loved getting it done.

Momma_Jo
11-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Nope, I wax....I have pretty major eyebrows (and a unibrow), so I need a method that can take off a lot of hair at once. I can't imagine the pain I'd have to deal with if I were to get them threaded. At least waxing is quick.

misstialouise
11-18-2006, 06:46 PM
OOOOH!!!

I've seen this!! I don't know ANYWHERE in Sydney (let alone Australia) where you can get this done... the results are brilliant!

I can't wax my brows, the reddness takes 2 days to go away.... So I'm stuck with plucking...

Thankfully my eyebrows aren't that hairy :D

MrTea
11-19-2006, 09:57 AM
I only have one eyebrow. :verysad:

callmesusan
11-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Electrolysis!! I can't recommend it enuf. It is a process and it HURTS, but the hairs are gone forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My chiny-chin-chin sent me to my lady, and once I got started, I had her do my eyebrows, too. I don't even own a pair of tweezers. I do have to go back every 9 months or so for a tune-up. I considered it a gift to myself.

jodstr2
11-19-2006, 02:37 PM
wish I had brows. I overplucked mine in high school and have had to draw them on ever since.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Home threading Guide (http://www.indiaparenting.com/beauty/article.cgi?art_id=133)

Limey
11-20-2006, 05:48 PM
What's this threading malarkey???? - is it a new way of darning socks?

I've just found out!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH - Horrors!!!!

:shock: :passedout:

What a rotten trick! - you come on a knitting site, all innocent, see threading and you tap in, thinking it's a new way of darning and whaddayaget ... ???? it can take years off you, something like that - total shock to the system .... I'll not sleep tonight, witter, witter, twitch

- Forget it - I'll stick with the sox!

Limey

Jeep_Girl
11-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I got my eyebrows waxed for my wedding and - now I've got more eyebrow hair than I ever had before! :wall: I hate having to go and get them waxed.

CarmenIbanez
11-20-2006, 07:50 PM
I pluck. I am gifted with naturally well shaped brows and I don't have to pluck but a few hairs every month or so. I feel okay in bragging, because there isn't much else on my bod I would brag about. :-)