PDA

View Full Version : disappointed

nonny2t
11-19-2006, 10:08 AM
I am disappointed with this sweater. I bought the cutest buttons for it, but they looked awful so I am leaving it as it is after having taken off the buttons and the loop closures. I am going to make a simple hat to go with it so maybe it will be ok.

Angelia
11-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm sorry the buttons were a disappointment, but the style of the sweater lends itself well to a plain front. In fact, I think it will look better without the buttons!

Jan in CA
11-19-2006, 12:53 PM
It looks so warm and fluffy!

CarmenIbanez
11-19-2006, 09:35 PM
I think it just great!

janelanespaintbrush
11-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Buttons, schmuttons. I think it looks perfect as is! :yay:

HamburgKnitter
11-20-2006, 03:53 AM
I think it looks nice!

Can you maybe add ties to the front in the same yarn? You wouldn't be able to see them, but could still close the sweater if you want. Or use see-through glass buttons.

nonny2t
11-20-2006, 10:35 AM
The pattern called for ribbon, but I guess I thought it was a bit old fashioned besides I used a "hipper" yarn than the pattern. I just loved the little winter buttons so much and thought they would look cute. The fuzziness of this sweater makes it hard for them to be seen even though they are partially colored. I am sure my dil will like it anyway. It gives her a couple sweaters for the baby when he's older since he will be born in June.