PDA

View Full Version : Amending Danica, well really how to do Entrelac large scale

Clarabel
11-19-2006, 07:05 PM
this yarn started out as a baby blanket, twice, then it became a scarf, and because of a brain wave I want to turn it back into a baby blanket and this is where I need your help.

As you can see from the picture the colours are very bright, and the changes quite short, so knitting it in any normal pattern just produces a mess. I figured Entrelac with the short rows would at least produce some blocks of colurs, which it does and I think it looks quite well.

Problem 1 - I cannot see anyone wearing those colours as a scarf. So I thought I would knit a scarf til it was long enough, knit a second one for the other side, and then knit a large scale one for the middle, which is problem 2 - How do I convert the pattern to that it would measure about 40-50cm wide?

Or I can't figure that out I could do up a few the same width, smaller and smaller lengths and make it like a spiral.

I'll back it with some brushed cotten once I've sewn it all up. What do you guys think?

Clarabel
12-02-2006, 09:37 AM
This is working out really well.

At primary school, first sewing class, we learn how to do hand quilting. You start with a square, and then sew rectangles around and around in a spiral til you land up with a bigger quilted square.

I've decided to go that route with the blanket, and it looks really well. I'm not sure how to sew the knitting to the cotton, so its going home with me to at Christmas for mummy to show me how.

I'll keep you updated with pictures.