PDA

View Full Version : knit picks options!

suuuueee
11-20-2006, 01:06 AM
i have seen many threads on denise/boye interchangeable sets, but none for knit picks options (http://www.knitpicks.com/needles/Needles_Options.aspx)

i desperately want a set, but i'm a newbie knitter. and although i know how to do many things, i have yet to actually finish a project. and my parents would never buy me anything costing $60, no matter how good the value is. T_T

so. discuss. how gloriously marvelous are those cables? are the points to pointy? are they less slippery than addi turbos?

and i have a question. if you don't order the entire set, and just get some needles and a couple of cables, do they still send you that tightening key thing? it won't come as a non-interchangeable circular needle, right? :pout:

brendajos
11-20-2006, 01:28 AM
i would definitely do a search for the options on the site.....there are tons of threads going on about how wonderful they are... :thumbsup:

janelanespaintbrush
11-20-2006, 01:33 AM
Ditto. Go to the sticky on interchangeable sets, but look toward the end. KP Options had not come out until after the thread was started, but there's lots of discussion in there if you look at the latter part.

brownishcoat
11-20-2006, 09:53 AM
If you order a tip set and a cable set, you get everything you need. That's how I tried them out. And it's a better value than a fixed circ, because you have 2 cables and 4 buttons.

meriellyn
11-21-2006, 12:40 PM
I just bought my Options set and I'm considering a set of Denise's as well so I just read most of the interchangables sticky thread. The KP Options discussions come in maybe 2/3 of the way through. They just came out a few months ago so I think the discussion starts some time this past summer. Check the post dates.

Most of the people who've purchased the set give it rave reviews. There's also a review on knittersreview.com under the needles section.

My order is still being processed so I'm waiting not-so-patiently for my set to ship. I already have one of their fixed circs and I love it so I'm sure I'll love the set. If you like Addis and wish they had a pointier tip, you'll love KPs new needles.

Yes, you do get a tightening key when you order the cables seperately. You get a set of 2 cables, the end thingies and a key.
I suggest you go ahead and order a size or two and take em for a test run. :)

Calamintha
11-21-2006, 12:52 PM
There have been a couple of lengthy discussions on the Knitters Review Forums. So you could go there and read through them. Here's a summary of what I recall though.

Some people love the needles. They are apparently like Addi Turbos only with a sharp tip. So if you like Addis but would rather have a sharper tip then you might like them. There have been some problems. Some people who push with their fingers have said that the tips can hurt your fingers. There have been numerous complaints about cables separating from the needle or coming apart. However, Knitpicks has apparently been very good about replacing the cables--no questions asked. I've also seen people say the finish can flake off sometimes.

hapagirl
11-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi Calamintha - thanks for your review. KP Options almost seem too good to be true. I'm sticking to my Takumi Clovers for now :)