PDA

View Full Version : I love this Yarn..mmmmm

*KnitPixie*
11-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone I would like to buy this yarn to make a felted purse for myself ( I always knit for preemies, and other people and never knit anything for myself) I just love the colorway! :drool: :inlove: I already have 13" purse handles that would match perfectly, it must be a sign :teehee: I want to do a rectangle purse, maybe about 10" by 8". That is aroundabout. Any suggestions are welcome...Also I want to do a regular stockinette or garter stitch on one side and on the front the same thing only with a cable in the middle. Then I will felt the whole thing. I never made a purse so I was kind of thinking of relying on everyone here for help. The big question I have for you guys is will 82 yards of 1 ply thick n' thin yarn be suitable for this project. Will I have enough yarn? They say it will work up wonderfully on large needles but they only have one available :pout: What should I do? :verysad:

Friskums
11-20-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't have any helpful suggestions (except for making a swatch, getting the gauge, then frogging it and measuring how much yarn was used. Then you'd know how far 82 yards would go...)

But, what kind of yarn is that? I looks wonderful. :inlove: :drool:

DragonTush
11-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh what gorgeous yarn! What is it?

You could probably felt up a small purse with that much yarn. You already have handles so you wouldn't have to waste any on that.

*KnitPixie*
11-20-2006, 09:52 PM
This yarn is 100% merino wool handspun and handyed by a crafty ebayer :notworthy:

cheesiesmom
11-20-2006, 10:15 PM
So-o-o-o-o pretty. Is it soft and pet-able too?

*KnitPixie*
11-20-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't know ...but I will know soon because I just gave into the yarn devil :twisted: :teehee: I will definately let you know. Oh and I am still looking for opinions everyone. Do you think I'll have enough to make a purse :shrug: