PDA

View Full Version : Okay for a dude?

mwedzi
11-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Okay, so I am really getting my money's worth out of this Frog Tree Merino. Just one 50gram ball of each color and I've made 3 headbands. The one in the Whatcha Knitting forum is too girly, right? So what about this one? I made it narrower, it just barely covers the ears. And a simple diamond pattern. Go ahead and vote truthfully; it's anonymous. Cuz really, when someone asks if some item they just made in mint green with blue and pink dots on it would be good to give to their husband, I really want to scream "no!" but don't want to hurt their feelings. Well now, you might still hurt my feelings, but at least you can do it anonymously. :)

Now, look at the pictures and imagine I'm a dude. Imagine there's no ribbon tieing a big poof of hair. And imagine I'm skiing (cuz it's for a ski trip). Now how does the head band look?

Braden
11-21-2006, 12:17 AM
I'd wear it.

Jan in CA
11-21-2006, 12:32 AM
None of the catergories fit for me, but I can't see most guys wearing a headband. Then again I'm almost 54 and maybe out of touch. :shrug:

mulene
11-21-2006, 06:48 AM
I'd date a guy wearing it - its quite trendy and looks good =D

KellyK
11-21-2006, 07:38 AM
I think that a guy that skis, especially, would LOVE that!!

meriellyn
11-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Depending on the guy's style and the local climate, yes I've seen guys wearing something similar and would still date a guy who did.
Now if the guy I'm currently dating tried to sport one... well, let's just say he couldn't pull it off. lol

nonny2t
11-21-2006, 07:59 AM
None of the catergories fit for me, but I can't see most guys wearing a headband. Then again I'm almost 54 and maybe out of touch. :shrug:

Me, too! I know my dh would never wear it, but he might if he was like a sky buff.

ae
11-21-2006, 08:59 AM
i voted yes, i think it would look great on some guys. that said, i think it really really depends on his style - if you're knitting it for someone you know you should think about the other things he wears and whether you think the headband would go. also, whether he is more of a cool vs. conservative dresser. (i'm sure you've thought of all these things, i'm just rambling).

mwedzi
11-21-2006, 09:00 AM
I think that a guy that skis, especially, would LOVE that!!

Oh, did I forget to mention, I made this for our ski trip next month. Thought it would look more natural up on the slopes.

Jeremy
11-21-2006, 12:49 PM
I voted no pretty much because I'm a 50 year old lawyer dude who already has enough trouble wearing a yarmulke around a small New England city. The popularity of that last category is a little scarey :roll:

mwedzi
11-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Okay, guys at my job say if I can call it a "ski band" it sounds more masculine. And it is for a skiing trip anyway. They say guys can wear it. I'll take it with me and offer it. If he doesn't want to wear it, he doesn't have to.

Thanks for all the opinions.

jess_hawk
11-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Take into consideration the individual! I have guy friends who would wear it because its warm, guy friends who would wear it and love it, guy friends who would wear it to make me happy, and guy friends who wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Even a skier won't universally love it. some might prefer a hat, or something in a plainer/different color. People are like that. On the other hand, when I've been skiing for the past couple of years, earwarmers are the best choice because its too warm out to totally cover your head, but your ears get cold in the wind.

Good luck... and I personally think that headband is cute!

cheesiesmom
11-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Rip Hamilton, Chauncy Billups and Ben & Rasheed Wallace all wear headbands. You tell them they look unmasculine.