PDA

View Full Version : OT: flower delivery suggestions -- no longer needed -- Thx!

janelanespaintbrush
11-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi all! I want to send a "get well" bouquet to someone who lives in another city. Does anyone have a favorite online source they would recommend? TIA! :muah:

Mom2Rebecca
11-21-2006, 09:46 AM
1-800-flowers is the only one Ive heard of
Jessica

dustinac
11-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Have you tried calling their local florist? Sometimes they will take the order and cc # themselves... if not I've used both FTD and 1800flowers and haven't had a problem... :thumbsup:

mulene
11-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Do your local florists do Interflora? I know if I order from the UK and do interflora I can send to anywhere in the world that has a florist in the Interflora network

nonny2t
11-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Go with 1-800-flowers. If you are disatisfied for any reason you can get your money back. They own the popcorn factory and I had an issue with an anniversary gift being delivered later than they promised. They gave me my money back AND sent them the next higher $$$ basket.

Faye

projectgal
11-21-2006, 10:50 AM
My mom sent me some flowers for my birthday through Martha Stewart flowers and they were gorgeous. However, I had to arrange the flowers myself--the vase and the flowers are separate and the stems had to be cut. Kind of a do-it-yourself Martha-style flower kit.

Great flowers, but not the best idea for someone who is sick.

If I know there is a good florist in the area, I generally just call the florist directly. If your friend is in the hospital, call the general info line and just ask which florists send nice arrangements. They've seen thousands of flowers come through and can generally give a good recommendation.

Hope she is feeling better soon!

janelanespaintbrush
11-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks, guys! I went with 1-800-flowers. I even found a $10 off coupon. (I :heart: coupons!) Hopefully the flowers will cheer her up because she has to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital. :pout: