PDA

View Full Version : Posting Pictures

Lighting57
11-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Can anyone tell me how to add pictures to your post? Everything I've tried has failed. The pictures don't show up in the post preview and I can't find any place on this web site that explains how to do it. Thanks.

Mulderknitter
11-21-2006, 05:34 PM
i use the website photobucket.com. you upload the pics to their website, then you can resize right there and it gives you the img/ code to just cut and paste into your post. pm me if that doesn't help! :doh:

Julie
11-21-2006, 05:40 PM
As long as your pictures aren't huuuuge (400 pixels wide is a good rule of thumb) you can upload directly from your computer and attach pics to your post. When you're posting, look below the area where you type -- it says 'add an attachment." next to "filename" click on "browse" and choose the photo you want to attach. Then either preview or submit -- the photo should be there....

knitqueen
11-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Or, if you have photos saved to your hard-drive......when you're in the screen where you type your message, below where there's a blank box with 'Filename' to the left of it and 'Browse..' to the right, click on Browse to look for the photo on your computer. Double click when you find the photo and its filename should show up in the blank box. Then you can add a File Comment below in the next field, then click submit. Beware though that there is a file size limit so if the pictures are too large they will not be accepted.

Lighting57
11-21-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm guessing all my pictures before were too big. I did as you all suggested, but the pictures were not in the preview. Let me try again to post a picture of sleeves that I shortened last week. It worked! I apparently had not resized the pictures small enough. Neat. Thanks.[img]