PDA

View Full Version : KnitPick's Essential?

humblestumble
11-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Have any of you experienced this yarn? I'm considering it for some socks, but I am not sure because I can't feel it, and I don't want a color card.

JudyD
11-22-2006, 07:20 AM
I am currently making socks with Knit Picks Essential. I have the Pine Green, Burgundy (more of a brick red), Purple Tweed, and a shade of denim blue called Dusk. I love all the colors.

It's the first time I use this yarn and my advice is to knit as tightly as you possibly can with this yarn as it is very stretchy. Am using #2 needles on this pair but will try #1 for the next pair.

I washed the first sock I made with KP and although not recommended I put it in the dryer and it dried w/o much shrinkage. The sock was knit with two strands of KP and makes a nice boot sock.

JudyD

zkimom
11-22-2006, 07:35 AM
I have some in a nice heather grey and it is nice and soft and pleasant to work with. I don't know how the resulting socks will hold up though.

It is the second kind of yarn I've ordered from KP. I also ordered Wool of the Andes for felting a bag and I like that very much also.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Susan xxx

humblestumble
11-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Hmm, well it sounds like a great sock yarn, but I'm going to have to pass on this one. I was about to order it before I noticed that the black wont be in until January. I need it very soon so I can be done before the Holidays.

Well, thanks guys for the input! I may still consider it for future socks. Sounds nice! :eyebrow: