PDA

View Full Version : WIP - One-of-a-Kind Throw

Evelynne
11-22-2006, 12:08 AM
This is not quite an FO. The knitting part is done, but now I have to sit down and sew all the ends into the throw so I am calling it a WIP (if there is a thread that exists on this forum which provides good tips on how to finish this smoothly, please advise!). This is my first throw.

This was a kit from Dragonpine Designs, an in-house pattern design company at my local knitting shop, London Yarns, in London (Hyde Park), Ontario. http://www.londonyarns.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=59&Itemid=106

Each kit has been specially hand-picked and arranged in a gorgeous array of colour and texture to delight the senses! I purchased "Greenleaves" and following the Scallops pattern included, the yarns in this afghan are : Mission Falls wool, Ara, Galaxy, Daina, Evita, Philosophers, Mohair "Green" and Mohair "Grey/Green." The instructions call for adding fringes at each end using the leftover yarn, but I like the scalloped edging on this throw so much as is, I do not think I will add any fringes. Instead, I plan to use the leftover yarn to create a funky matching pillow. I used 8 mm X 80 cm circular knitting needles (I prefer sticks, but this project forced me out of my under-the-arm preference), and it is ~ 40" X 60".

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/wildturkeyhunter/000_0209.jpg

My avatar to the left is my second WIP afghan. This is me! Once again using the Scallops pattern I learned on the throw mentioned above, I free-knitted with a collection of yarn I collected together for this project: Bernat Harmony "Storm Blue," Moda Dea Dream "Lavender" (doubled), Paton's Melody "Sunny Yellow," Lion Brand Trellis "Rainbow" (doubled), Lion Brand Lion Suede "Scarlet," Bernat Melody "Good Sports," Lion Brand Homespun "Cobalt," Lion Brand Fancy Fur "Brilliant Blue." I chose this combination to make a FUNKY throw and the colours are all in a Sylvia Edwards print I have hanging on my bedroom wall. I

And it sure is nice to have a project that keeps me very warm while I work on it! Perfect now that the temperatures are slowly dropping.

I also purchased a kit called "Amber" which has all gold and brown coloured yarns in it - I have started it, but do not have enough knitted to show online just yet.

Cheers!

Evelynne

callmesusan
11-25-2006, 11:53 AM
The throw is beautiful and will continue to warm you for many, many years!