PDA

View Full Version : Top Down Raglan

candicane
11-22-2006, 11:58 AM
I am looking for a top down raglan pattern that would be similar to Knitty's Bad Penny sweater. I want it to be long sleeve. I like the neckline on Bad Penny and the shape. However, the smallest size the pattern is written for is a 36. I need a 32 or at the most 34, otherwise the sweater will be too baggy. Any other sweater patterns to look at? Please don't send me to knittingpatterncentral.com. I can never find anything there.

candice

knitqueen
11-22-2006, 12:11 PM
You could use the Incredible Custom-fit Raglan Sweater (http://www.woolworks.org/patterns/raglan.html) calculator, but use the same style of increase that the Bad Penny sweater uses to get a similar look.

Jan in CA
11-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Just a thought on KPC...you can search and narrow down your results which is really nice. ;)

janelanespaintbrush
11-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I am looking for a top down raglan pattern that would be similar to Knitty's Bad Penny sweater. I want it to be long sleeve. I like the neckline on Bad Penny and the shape. However, the smallest size the pattern is written for is a 36. I need a 32 or at the most 34, otherwise the sweater will be too baggy. Any other sweater patterns to look at? Please don't send me to knittingpatterncentral.com. I can never find anything there.

candice

Since it's a top down raglan, you could probably just use the same pattern but stop increasing sooner to make a smaller sweater. KWIM? If you look at similar patterns (see knitqueen's link), it should give you a feel for how to adjust for fit.

Another thing that you probably already know, but just in case (and for other folks out there who are reading this who don't know)... 36" is probably the finished measurement, not the wearer's bust size. Depending on how much ease you want, it might be an okay fit for someone with a 32" or 34" bust.