PDA

View Full Version : OT: Today is the 43rd anniversary

nonny2t
11-22-2006, 02:17 PM
I was just 10 years old when JFK was assassinated. I even remember where I was that day. It is hard to believe it has been that long. Sadly, his only immediate family member left is Caroline and she has to honor his memory on this day pretty much alone. Doesn't seem like we have learned much about violence since then.

CateKnits
11-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I didn't even know that. Speaking of violence, it's the 3rd anniversary of the day my mother was buried. She was killed, too.

janelanespaintbrush
11-22-2006, 03:16 PM
I didn't even know that. Speaking of violence, it's the 3rd anniversary of the day my mother was buried. She was killed, too.

:pout: :heart: :hug:

nonny2t
11-22-2006, 05:09 PM

I am so sorry for bringing up bad memories! :muah: She resides with the :angelgrin: now! I hope they were able to catch her killer. :hug:

Jan in CA
11-22-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry, Cate. This has to be a tough time for you. :hug:

I was 10 going on 11 when Kennedy was shot. I still remember it, too.

aineepooh1
11-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Hey Everyone!!
Don't apoligize for remembering the ones we have lost. It honors their memory to remember them.. :cheering: They gave meaning to our lives and just because it's unpleasant to talk about grief, loss,, and death does not mean it doesn't exist. :?? I can guarantee you that Caroline has though about her brother and her mom many times since their death and the holidays only bring it on even stronger. Cateknits :hug: :hug: Hugs to you sweetie.. I am so sorry to hear you lost your mom. We lost my dad this year and this is first holiday season without him.. I love and I miss him but I am not going to NOT talk about him not being here. .. because our whole family is thinking about it anyway... Just because they are gone does not mean our love died with them..
Nonny.. :hug: Thank you for reminding us that for some people the holidays are a difficult time.. It's an excellent reason to reach and show love to others..
:cheering: :cheering:
Hugs to you all

Stiney
11-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Cate: :muah: :hug: :hug: :hug: :heart: :heart: :heart: :hug: :hug: :hug: :muah:

Ainee, I'm sorry about your dad, too. The first holidays after my grandma died were so hard.