PDA

View Full Version : SWS bag

SabrinaJL
11-22-2006, 06:07 PM
I saw a GoKnit pouch and thought it was a really cool idea. I decided I'd try to make myself a little drawstring bag to carry my knitting in. I was SUPER thrilled with the way the bag turned out. I just loved it.

But I decided that there was no way I could carry needles in a regular knit bag without them poking through, so I figured I'd felt it. Bad idea. It felted REALLY fast, and it shrunk way more than I wanted it to. There's no way it is going to work for the purpose I intended it to. So I just put handles on it and figured I'd give it to a little girl.

What I should have done is made eyelet holes for the drawstring and just lined the inside of the bag. Oh well, live and learn.

Jan in CA
11-22-2006, 06:11 PM
I think it came out really cute! Some little girl will love it! Good to know about how fast it felts, too.

mwedzi
11-22-2006, 06:16 PM
It's cute. How many balls did you use for it?

SabrinaJL
11-22-2006, 06:18 PM
I used 2.

I've decided to give it to my 4 year old niece. My sister said she loves purses and bags.

Oh and while the bag felted super fast, the i-cord did not. I put it through the whole cycle and it still wasn't done, so I pulled it out and pretty much finished it by hand.

trollgirl
11-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Adorable! Which colour did you pick? I have 3 balls of Natural Pink (the pale pink and green one) sitting in my stash, but I don't think that's the same colour. Is it?

nadja la claire
11-22-2006, 06:57 PM
:cheering: That bag is FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering: I can't wait to use that wonderful stuff!!!!!! Thanks for the pictures.

Nadja xxx

aineepooh1
11-22-2006, 07:38 PM
that was not a mistake :?? Artists experiment with all kinds of ways of doing things(like felting) until they find their own masterpeice.!!
Although it shrank for you :verysad: It looks fabulous!
Great JOb!!! :cheering: :cheering:

luv2knit
11-22-2006, 07:51 PM
That is so cute! :cheering:

I ended up making my own goknit bag from some extra fabric that I had left over from my sewing days (knitting sort of took over my sewing hobby. :teehee: My first attempted turned out to short and fat, but I reworked it and it came out great! I ended up making two bags and used them on our recent trip...they worked out great. You bag is so cute I may have to try one of those for me!

SabrinaJL
11-23-2006, 01:56 AM
trollgirl, it IS Natural Pink. :)

Nadja, I couldn't wait to use it either. I have too many projects OTN that NEED to be completed but I've had that yarn for 2 months and have been dying to try it out.

Mama Bear
11-23-2006, 01:15 PM
My daughter had the same thing happen with a bag she felted... it felted up way smaller than anything else she had done.

Sorry it's not the size you wanted, but it's adorable :)

Mama Bear