PDA

View Full Version : Hello, (again??) from Yorkshire

Caroline
11-23-2006, 07:17 AM
:doh:
Have I posted my first attempt at communicating over the ether??? I pressed something and the beautifully crafted 'letter' just disappeared!! Did I, in fact Frog it ,as it were, or did I send it .
It was my potted knitting biography, and my greatful thanks that you exist and extend your hospitality to me. I started knitting about six years ago, after the death of my mother.. how I wish it was something we had shared!
My first project was a traditional navy blue Fisherman's Gansey- the real thing, in fine wool on a set of long fine dpns. On all tricky points, EZ has been something of a surrogate mother to me.
My WIPs include a shaded grey jacket for myself, a tam for my son's girlfriend, a pair of fluffy socks for my closest friend. I've just finished a stoskinette hearthrug, knitted on broomstick handles, using many strands of mohair and British Breeds wool which a friend spun for me. I have hoarded a stash of Shetland lace weight wool and fine alpace in natural, undyed shades and I look forward to knitting something gloriously soft and tactile with this after Christmas.
Apologies if I've sent two versions of the same sort of material.
I'm very excited to have found this web-site.
With thanks from Caroline. xxx

Holly
11-23-2006, 10:05 AM
:waving: Hello Caroline :-) WOW - you picked quite a first project with that sweater (long, thin DPNS!) :notworthy: I'm also a huge fan of EZ. I'm currently *supposed* to be working on the second sleeve of my first adult size sweater all knit in the round. I say "supposed," because I couldn't take one more round and cast on socks a few days ago :blush: I either need to lose weight or start knitting for smaller people!!

Welcome and Happy Thanksgiving!

Angelia
11-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Welcome, Caroline! :waving:

The forum sometimes eats posts. The best remedy is to copy a long post, just in case the forum is hungry. Then you can just paste it into a new text box. Repeat as necessary.

(Though I love the imagery of the post's being "frogged" :rofl: )

I would love to see photos of your FOs--you started big and haven't looked back! Most people start with a scarf--you went right for the gansey! (EZ is wonderful, isn't she?)

mulene
11-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi Caroline and welcome to KH.com! :cheering: Welcome fellow Brit! =D

Mama Bear
11-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Welcome!

I look forward to seeing some of your projects. My grandmother was a knitter. I learned while she was alive but didn't really get involved in knitting till she was gone. I would have loved to have worked along side her. Was your mother a knitter?

Mama Bear

Limey
11-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi Caroline

Glad you found the site, so that it's not just Mulene, Fluffy-Peachey, and myself who are Brits. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

It's a shame you're on the wrong side of the Pennines - I'm a Lancastrian - currently skirting Scouseland.

The site is great - it's a huge help and a good laugh.

All the Best :thumbsup:

Limey