PDA

View Full Version : Thankful For

nadja la claire
11-23-2006, 02:42 PM
I've just turned my turkey and now I'm sitting down to do a little knitting before everyone gets here. On the radio is this wonderful program on NPR about gratitude and what it means and I wondered what am I really thankful for. I'm an Agnostic so I don't really pray to any God in particular but I still feel a gratefulness. I try to be grateful every day but today we all get a chance to get out of the daily grind, slow down and really reflect.

Today as I reflect I am truely thankful for my husband, who was not expected to live to see this Thanksgiving and although his cancer has returned he is still with me and eyeing the pecan pie with deadly intent. I am also thankful for my sons, their lovely wives and my beautiful grandchildren who will in an hour or so turn our home into mavelous center of chaos. I'm thankful for my mother who has given me so much love and support this past year. I grateful that my brother and my cousin are home from Iraq and safe with their families. I'm also very grateful for all of you and for the wonderful advice, enabling and just plain fun that you all have given me this year.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :muah: :muah: :muah: :hug: :hug:

Nadja xxx

DreamWeaver
11-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Happy thanksgiving to you too! :hug: I'm sorry to hear about your husband, I hope he gets better :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :happydance: yay Thanksgiving!