PDA

View Full Version : Am I Insane?? Or just a certified yarn addict???

zkimom
11-24-2006, 10:29 AM
It was just an email from Little Knits that pushed me over the edge. I couldn't help myself and I bought a bag (yes, 10 skeins) of Blus Sapphire Heather Cascade 220.

I had to.

It was less than $5 a skein and I love Cascade 220.

Now what do I do with all that yarn?

I see many blue felted bags in my future and at least a sweater or maybe even 2.

I sure hope I like the color (I've only seen it on screen :shrug: )

:passedout:

Best,
Susan

nadja la claire
11-24-2006, 10:42 AM
FELTED CLOGS! A felted beret. Or you could just make a throw with all that wonderful yarn.

Don't worry about losing control we've all done that. You can never have too much yarn.

Nadja xxx

NakedPancakes
11-24-2006, 10:52 AM
You could always give some away :hint hint:

rebecca
11-24-2006, 11:08 AM
:roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard: Had to jump in here...I, too, am a Littleknits addict, having recently gotten bags of Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran and Noro Cash Iroha...both already know what they will be when they grow up :wink:

zkimom
11-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Clogs, berets, bags, oh my! There is hope for all my children :teehee:

Now -- the anticipation and the wait for their arrival! :happydance:

Best,
Susan

Old Knitter
11-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Oh yes....you are an insane, addicted knitter....welcome sister!

feministmama
11-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I have 12 skeins of that exact color! I'm going to make a top down cardigan with it. Someday. :pout:

HamburgKnitter
11-24-2006, 01:09 PM
OMG, I am SO going to my LYS tomorrow!

I am almost out of stash. I haven't been knitting long enough to have a well-stocked stash yet. Not good! :pout: :-x :doh:

Mulderknitter
11-24-2006, 02:19 PM
yes, we are all addicts. but in a good way!
Joanne's is having a massive sale today and I have a bunch of coupons to use, so even though i have wayyyyyy enough yarn to get me through the next ice age, i'm going! :cheering: :roflhard:

Pixywhispers
11-24-2006, 02:26 PM
yes, we are all addicts. but in a good way!
Joanne's is having a massive sale today and I have a bunch of coupons to use, so even though i have wayyyyyy enough yarn to get me through the next ice age, i'm going! :cheering: :roflhard:

Ice age! That is funny!

Momma_Jo
11-24-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm actually not a very big yarn freak...I don't care too much for exotic textures/colors. I prefer using simple yarn to knit things with complicated stitchwork, which wouldn't show well on variegated/textured yarns.

ecb
11-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Momma Jo, I hear ya, I enjoy the textures, but I also like the color shifts of Varrigated yarn
and the semiunpredictability (is that even a WORD?) of what comes out
I make my Goddesses like that

makes them look lovely

ecb

zkimom
11-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Knitted godesses - now isn't that just a combination of perfect! I LOVE THEM!!!!! :yay:

Susan

mwedzi
11-25-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm actually not a very big yarn freak...I don't care too much for exotic textures/colors. I prefer using simple yarn to knit things with complicated stitchwork, which wouldn't show well on variegated/textured yarns.

Hey, that's no reason to stop you from being a yarn freak. There are still *lots* of yarns out there that have good stitch definition.

Now, Susan, don't you worry. There are lots of sweater patterns that will easily use 6-8 skeins of that for the size small. Then you'll only have enough left over for one felted bag, and you can return to Little Knits and buy more.

Cursed Little Knits and Kohl's, trying to bankrupt me!

Tanya
11-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Well sit me on the crazy couch next to you then because I go to my LYS at least twice a week. And I just got last weeks order from Little Knits a few days ago. :teehee:

I'm working a Sophie bag right now in some of the same yarn. www.magknits.com is where I found the pattern. Have fun!