PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for pattern for this yarn?

cookworm
11-25-2006, 01:14 AM
Anybody have any ideas for a shawl using this (http://www.craftsetc.com/Storage/ProductImages/617324.jpg) yarn? I bought some because it was on sale and I really liked the glints of metallic color in it...maybe something kind of simple to showcase the yarn and kind of lacey? :shrug: Although I'm open to any suggestions. The yarn is a bulky weight, 79% acrylic, 16% nylon, and 5% polyester, and the gauge calls for size 10 (6.5mm) needles. Thanks!

One other question--the yarn lists the gauge for crochet only, so how can I convert that to knitting gauge? It lists 14 SC x 14 R = 4" on size H-9 (6.5mm) hook.

zkimom
11-25-2006, 08:08 PM
How bout just a simple garter stitch triangular shawl done on really large needles -- like 17s maybe? You cast on a stitch and increase both edges every other row until you have the width you want and then bind off.

Lacy, simple and focuses on the yarn.

Best,
Susan

Mulderknitter
11-25-2006, 09:04 PM
How bout just a simple garter stitch triangular shawl done on really large needles -- like 17s maybe? You cast on a stitch and increase both edges every other row until you have the width you want and then bind off.

I agree, i would use a simple pattern with a loose gauge/stitch to show off the yarn