PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me find more of these?

horve1
11-25-2006, 09:40 PM
These point protectors may be fairly old, but they are the best I've ever found. A friend gave them to me, didn't know where she got them or when. They are plastic, with metal grips inside. Fit very small needles - around 0 to maybe 5. I only have the two, and would love to find a couple more. Any clues?

Jan in CA
11-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Have you tried searching? I put "point protectors" in Google and came up with a bunch of places.

horve1
11-26-2006, 06:59 AM
Yes, many times. And on eBay. And I've done searches for vintage and old and antique knitting accessories. Thanks for the thought though.

nonny2t
11-26-2006, 08:32 AM
These point protectors may be fairly old, but they are the best I've ever found. A friend gave them to me, didn't know where she got them or when. They are plastic, with metal grips inside. Fit very small needles - around 0 to maybe 5. I only have the two, and would love to find a couple more. Any clues?

You might be out of luck. I searched for you for an hour evening finding a site that has nothing but thousands of items that are older, vintage, whatever.

The only thing I found that were not your straight forward point protectors were Susan Bates has a pair of plastic Christmas stocking point protectors I found several places.

Sorry, I couldn't find a hint of your little mitten ones.

horve1
11-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Thank you so much for trying!

Jan in CA
11-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Yes, many times. And on eBay. And I've done searches for vintage and old and antique knitting accessories. Thanks for the thought though.

Yeah, they only seem to have the newer types now. If I ever come across any I'll let you know. :heart:

Sooze
11-26-2006, 07:00 PM
at first glance I thought those might be made of bone or ivory (walrus tusk?) and worth mucho money as a collectors item...since they looked sort of Inuit (eskimo)

If they are plastic they look to be the old time plastic called celluloid (much like bakelite bracelets that are so collectable because of their beautiful designs and many colors)

Unfortunately not much bakelite is around as there used to be, for it is more brittle than plastc, and breaks easily.

I recently bought a whole bunch of old workbasket booklets from the 50's on up to early 70's, I wonder if perhaps I might find a picture of some older styles in any of these little gems..

I'll keep my eyes out for sure, they are really neat looking.

horve1
11-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks again! They seem to be plastic or bakelite. :muah: