PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Video Project

Tracy1275
11-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Hello Everyone!

My name is Tracy and I live in Denver, CO and i'm mom to baby Madeleine who is 9 mo old!

Okay so I have the basics down. What I really want is to make my little one a hat! But I'm one of those people who have to watch to get things right!

Does anyone know of a DVD of an entire project that you can work along to? Maybe a kit that would come with everything you need plus a video of how to work it?? That would be great! I know that if I buy Amy's video there is a demo on socks but I was wondering if it was something you can work along to. I read the patterns and they don't make alot of sense to me!

Thanks!!!

Jan in CA
11-26-2006, 02:09 AM
I don't know of a video for an entire project other than socks. Really though, it's much easier than you think! Just do one step at a time and come here for help when you need it! :heart:

Do you prefer to make a hat flat and seam it or in the round with no seams?

lissalue
11-26-2006, 10:13 AM
you could try looking for a Suss Knit Kit. I just looked at the page and it has been suspended, but maybe you could find them somewhere else. hope this helps.

Tracy1275
11-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks Ladies!

I actually prefer to make the hat without seams in it. I found a pattern I like on this site listed under the free patterns but the instructions didn't make any sense to me :wall:

gardenmommy
11-26-2006, 01:16 PM
What are your questions about the pattern? THere are lots of people here glad to help out! :hug:

Jan in CA
11-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks Ladies!

I actually prefer to make the hat without seams in it. I found a pattern I like on this site listed under the free patterns but the instructions didn't make any sense to me :wall:

It takes time to learn all the knitting abbreviations and acronyms, but once you do you can do anything! There is a How To forum here so grab the pattern and post your questions. ;)

Tracy1275
11-26-2006, 07:48 PM
WOW! I found a video that teaches advanced stitches and the project that you work on is a hat! Thanks for the feedback ladies!

Deeknit
11-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Oh good. Please share title and link if possible.

Good luck.

deeknit

Tracy1275
11-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey there,

I found this website

http://www.knitting-pretty.com

the instructer teaches a very diffrent way of knitting. You hold the needle in your right hand like a pencil. However I might just get this dvd anyway because you work along with the instructer to complete a hat and I haven't found any other videos where you actually work on a project from start to finish. I need something along those line to actually get the hang of it. Don't know if this helps but I'm going to try it anyway as I haven't found anything else that comes close.