PDA

View Full Version : SUPER SCORE whoopee

VictoiseC
11-26-2006, 05:37 PM
Although I had to drag the DH over to this town called
"the book village of the Catskills" yesterday, what a super find. There is this little village called Hobart in upstate NY and they have turned the town into a book village. About 5 bookstores, all different kinds.

As it happend these past 3 days were a big sale and books were all 50% off. First book store I go into, I'm off to find the craft section and I hear these other ladies say "Where's the craft section!" I ignore them, find it, and out of about 100 books on quilting and needlepoint etc etc I find ONE BOOK on Knitting. The other lady saw it and said "There's a knitting section?" "No, only one book was here on knitting." She groaned.
I got it for $4.50 instead of its $9 price and it is: 3rd edition 1979
Better Homes and Gardens Complete Book of Knitting, Crochet & Embroidery. It's BIG and full of color pictures and has some really detailed instructions and really unusual patterns like a sweater with little houses all over it. (the stitch not the color)

knitters luck! happy happy

psammeadred
11-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Way to be a bargain-hunter! Isn't it sad how few knitting books there were a few years ago? At least it seems that there are more now.