PDA

View Full Version : FO - Fiber Trends Clogs

CindyH
11-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi everyone!

These are my first pair of FT clogs. I gave these as a birthday gift to my sister. I used KP WOTA in Tulip and Mist. I've got at least 2 more pairs to knit!

gardenmommy
11-26-2006, 07:11 PM
They're great! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

psammeadred
11-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Very cozy-looking! I like those colors together.

ecb
11-26-2006, 08:52 PM
ok, I KNOW this is a Silly Question
but

what was the inches before and after felting

i have HUGe feet, and this need to now how to adjust as needed
but I want to make a pair of Clogs for myself

ecb

CindyH
11-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks!

I didn't measure the clogs, but I knit the women's medium. My sister wears a size 8.5. When I felted them in the wash, I just kept checking until they fit my own feet (also 8.5).

ae
11-26-2006, 09:34 PM
so snuggly looking...love the pink and grey together.

ebrperk
11-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Those colors look great together. I am always thinking "I need some like those that so and so made".

kemp
11-27-2006, 05:18 PM
but

ecb
ecb,

I'm not sure of the inches either (I've made quite a few of these) but someone in the big clog thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2571) might have measured. You can control the size a lot with felting and the women's goes up to size 10. The men's sizes are also included so you can make them very big...my DH wears a 13 and the large men's fits him fine...would even fit a larger foot than that if you took it out of the water early.

Cindy...I love those colors! Isn't this the most fun pattern???!!!

CindyH
11-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Thank you! I like the colors too...I think the whole light/dark contrast looks good in the bumper version. My next pair is going to be navy blue and baby blue.

Kemp, I agree that the clogs are very fun to knit! My non-knitting family had no clue that they were knitted. And I was happy to discover that I learned how to do a 3 needle bind off in the pattern (always thought that sounded complicated, and I know now it's not)!

feministmama
11-27-2006, 07:41 PM
but

ecb

I have huge feet too. I made clogs and they didn't felt small enuf for my feet! There is such a thing as too big. I made them from the largest numbers in the pattern. I wear a size 9 mens or an 11 women. You'd think the biggest size would work but nnnnnooooOOOOOooooo.

Amber
11-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Cindy -- those are cute!! Great color combo. Those clogs are on my "to knit" list... one of these days... :wink:

ecb
11-27-2006, 08:29 PM
thank you KEMP and FeministMama
i want to make a pair for myself
but I wear an 11W to a 12 in womens
and a 9 1/2 mens
I NEVER get to wear nice ladies stuff

AND I WANT TO MAKE MYSELF A PAIR

ecb

kemp
11-28-2006, 10:40 AM
I think you'd be fine with the men's small. Plus, the latest version of the pattern has been updated with information about making the pattern wider/narrower as needed.

nonny2t
11-28-2006, 11:13 AM
For those of us who are tootsie challenged, might I suggest {{{shudder}}} men's size clogs? I have humongous feet too and usually end up buying men's socks so the things fit correctly. I know, I know, I need to start knitting my own! I plan on taking a socks class in January if I can.

SandraEllen
11-28-2006, 11:52 AM
the latest version of the pattern has been updated with information about making the pattern wider/narrower as needed.

NO WAY!!!!!

I would love to have that info, but I don't really want to shell out another $5 for the pattern again. :verysad:

BTW, Cindy, I love the color combo. I picked up a pink a grey yesterday to make my sister a pair... :happydance:

Mama Bear
11-28-2006, 02:17 PM
They look great!

I even have the pattern and still haven't knit these! I keep thinking I will...

Mama Bear