PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Pretty Method

Tracy1275
11-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Hello All,

Has anyone heard of the Knitting Pretty method for knitting? I know that you hold the needle in your right hand like a pencil. Or does anyone use this method instead of continental/english? There is an instructional dvd and I'm curious. The instructors name is Jill Moray.

Thanks!

Jan in CA
11-27-2006, 02:25 AM
My teacher that I started with tried to get us to knit that way, but I could never get the hang of it. :shrug:

Boogs
11-27-2006, 04:12 AM
Sounds more like it's just an alternative way to hold your needles than a completely different technique.

I Googled 'knitting pretty' and all I got were a load of links to a pattern book. :shrug:

Lieke
11-27-2006, 05:56 AM
I never heard of it before

Tracy1275
11-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Well here's the link

http://www.knitting-pretty.com

the only reason this is appealing for me is that I am having a hard time finding a class here in Denver that offers more then just knit, purl, bind off in the class. And I actually need to see, and do to get the hang of it. This was appealing to me because you work on a project throughout the whole video so at the end you end up with a scarf, hat, ect...and I haven't come across anything else like that except for Amy's video which has a demo of how to do a sock. *sigh* I might just try it and see.