PDA

View Full Version : bag handles

koolbreeze
11-28-2006, 11:01 AM
any one have any suggestions on how to make stron sturdy felted handles? :shrug:

brendajos
11-28-2006, 11:07 AM
i got a tip from Dustina about threading some cording through the handle. I have bought the cording but haven't done it yet, makes sense though. :shrug:

dustinac
11-28-2006, 11:19 AM
I seen it on Knitty Gritty (http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_4813531,00.html).. I haven't tried it either lol but going to on the next bag I do...
:teehee:

Dustina is now remebering that brendjos needs her tapes :doh:

brendajos
11-28-2006, 11:29 AM
lol well she didn't know she was missing them so that's okay. i suppose i could go ahead and fork over the dough so i can get HGTV but I have so many more things I would rather spend that on! :teehee:

mintdee
11-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Priorities Woman! :teehee: :teehee:

Ahem

the twisted cord handle I made a while back has held up very well.

brendajos
11-28-2006, 04:04 PM

Ahem

did YOU get a letter from String of Purls yesterday? they are trying to help me spend my money fast enough...i don't need YOUR help too!...lol

koolbreeze
11-28-2006, 05:54 PM
:roflhard:
thanks ladies. i thought about the twisted cord.

haha! just got done looking at the Knitty Gritty... and thats the method i was trying to avoid!!! the pattern called for this way! :roflhard:

dustinac
11-29-2006, 10:02 AM
haha! just got done looking at the Knitty Gritty... and thats the method i was trying to avoid!!! the pattern called for this way! :roflhard:

:rofl: :roflhard: :rofl:

mintdee
11-29-2006, 11:05 AM

Ahem

did YOU get a letter from String of Purls yesterday? they are trying to help me spend my money fast enough...i don't need YOUR help too!...lol

Nope no letter. I don't think that I am on their mailing list :?? Which is not necessarily a bad thing for the simple reason that I have too many children to buy gifts for :doh:

However I do not mind pushing ...er...helping other people to spend their money :teehee:

Note about the twisted cord.
Mine needed more felting than the bag did, so if you do that its something to watch for.