PDA

View Full Version : Reply from Knitpicks about Options

Jan in CA
11-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I asked if new sizes, specifically 16 in cables, were in the works and this is the reply I got. I thought you might be interested. I was going to buy some, but now I think I'll wait a bit and get a single set of tips and cables to see if I like them first anyway.

We have had many customers request more sizes for needle tips, cable lengths, DPN's and classic circulars. We are always interested in our customers knitting needs and we do plan on extending our product lines, just as we did with our yarn lines. We recognize that there are more cable lengths and needle sizes than what we are currently offering. However, right now our manufacturing partner is limited in their productivity and we have to add items gradually. Look for new items coming in the Spring of 2007.

janelanespaintbrush
11-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us, Jan. So spring, huh? I guess that's not too far off. It'd be nice to know what they're planning, though.

newamy
11-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Wow.

I bought the set and I do like it. But I also want 16 inch cables. Patience is a virtue they say....

Denise in Michigan
11-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks, Jan! I too have been contemplating Options, but the lack of 16" cables has put me off. I like to do hats, sleeves, etc., in the round, and don't really want to have to pull out the extra cable in order to do so. I guess I'll hold off till spring and see what's offered then.

lauraknits
11-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks, Jan! I'm still glad I bought mine because I don't think I'd want shorter tips to knit sweaters and such. I'll probably buy duplicate shorter tips for many sizes when they come out. I LOVE my options so far. And I actually did cut a cable down to make a tip to tip 16 inch circ for hats but I can only really easily use it for knitting, not purling. I wanted to do a fair isle hat and needed the size. I did the ribbing on DPN's and then changed to the circ for stockinette (all knit on circs) and it worked great.

losnana
11-28-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm leaving Options on my christmas wish list. I'll just continue to use the 16 " circulars I have when necessary. I especially want the flexible cables. thanks for sharing this response with us. spring won't be too far away. :cheering:

mulene
11-30-2006, 07:30 AM
Right then - Spring 2000 I'll be offering to swap Malabrigo for postage costs to the UK from the USA =D *puppy eyes at Ingrid* *grin*