PDA

View Full Version : Knittinghelp Store Navigation --better?

amy
11-28-2006, 07:32 PM
After proudly showing the new store to my mother, she commented that after much trying, she couldn't figure out how to get to all the products in the store. :oops: I guess the upper left navigation is pretty discreet! :doh:

I've added new links on the main page of the store, so I'm hoping this helps. Sheldon says he can make more obvious navigation "buttons" on the left side of the page if need be, so I'm trying to gauge if this would be helpful.

Thanks!

Jan in CA
11-28-2006, 07:51 PM
I will admit when I first went to the store I couldn't quite figure out how I go t to various areas, but it only took a few minutes to see the navigation. It's very clear to me now. :cheering:

One thing that I always do on sites like that is to click "view all" rather than have to page through. You don't have that available, but it would be nice for those of us with high speed access. ;)

Stiney
11-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Looks good, but the list for the middle navigation needs to go over to the right just a teensy bit more. The bullets are overlapping ever so slightly with your lovely picture.

I think your store needs yarn. :teehee:

Oh yeah, are you sure you want the KH CD and the Knitting DVD's separate? They're almost the same thing, so maybe one sort of multimedia category?

Kaydee
11-29-2006, 04:17 PM
I think its great, when I first went there I didn't see the navigation on the left, but it only took me a second to figure out and navigate the page. The only thing i might suggest is making the font a bit bigger so it stands out a little more.

iza
11-29-2006, 05:11 PM
I think it's great! :cheering: But y, making the font bigger might help.

If I can suggest a simple thing, how about general information about shipping, especially for those of us that are not in the U.S.? Unless the information is there but I didn't see it? :shrug: