PDA

View Full Version : KnitPicks vs Bamboo

stagebear
11-28-2006, 11:51 PM
I love knitting with bamboo needles - they are just more comfortable and easier for me than any metal ones I've used.
But I do love the idea of KnitPicks Options. Anyone a bamboo knitter who has tried out KnitPicks?
What do you think?

brendajos
11-28-2006, 11:55 PM
i haven't tried Options yet but when i went from bamboo to addis i have never gone back. Why not buy one pair and see what you think?

Angelia
11-28-2006, 11:56 PM
I do agree that bamboo is easier on the hands, but argh, is it ever slow! I love the speed of the Options dpns, so I use them whenever I can. The only time I don't use metal dpns is when I'm using a slick yarn.

Mama Bear
11-29-2006, 01:04 AM
I prefer wood needles and I did buy a couple of the double point sets of the options so I could try them without laying out much $$

I got some of the smaller pairs (0's and 1's) because those are the ones I break the most often in wood.

They are very well done and feel nice...

However, I save them for when I have a pattern that puts lots of pressure on wood needles (like k3 tog or something) or for really sticky yarn.

For me this is because I knit pretty fast on wood needles, and knitting on options feels like I'm knitting on ice... I go too fast and could slide my entire project right across the room if I'm not careful!

Options are nice if you like metal. You could order a pair of double points or one of the smaller circs and try them out without much expense.

Mama Bear