PDA

View Full Version : Cabled Pocket Shawl HELP!

raeann97
11-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi-
I am making this shawl for my Grandmother for Christmas. It was a free pattterns from www.knitpicks.com

This is the link:
http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/itemid_50486220/projects_display

I have just finished the first pocket, now I am to slip the sts onto a st holder. Do I cut the yarn, or leave it attached and start a new ball? If I do cut it, how much should I leave?

Thanks again!

Ingrid
11-29-2006, 11:00 PM
You can cut the yarn, because when you attach the pocket you'll be using your working yarn from the shawl. Leave about 10 inches so you can weave in a few inches easily.

cookworm
11-30-2006, 09:13 PM
raeann, what kind of yarn/color are you using for this shawl? I've been eyeing this for some time and would LOVE to make it, but I just can't decide on yarn. It would probably be something from Knit Picks. I also can't decide on a color. My favorite color is blue, but I'd like to knit something other than blue. I really like the way the green looks in their picture, although I don't have anything in my closet that would match it.

How has the pattern been to work with? Is this relatively easy to make? Are you making the headband?

Sorry to ask so many nosey questions. I was just happy to see that somebody was working on this shawl because I had been contemplating it for a while and was wondering what it was like to make it.