PDA

View Full Version : Happiness is....

HamburgKnitter
11-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Happiness is......

.....wearing your first-ever knitted sweater for the first time. :heart:

What about knitting makes you particularly happy or content?

zkimom
11-30-2006, 08:13 AM
I so agree! I wore my newest sweater into my LYS yesterday to show it off and truly enjoyed the compliments!

I also very much enjoy making something and then just knowing as I make it, that it is for a particular person. I may not know as I am starting off who the recipient will be and sometimes I even think I am making it for myself, but somewhere along the line, I will just know that this is the perfect present for (insert name here.) Then giving it to that person is so much fun!

Best,
Susan

newamy
11-30-2006, 10:31 AM
I've not made a sweater.

But knitting ones own perfectly fitting socks and showing them off is quite fun as well.

GennyLynn1962
11-30-2006, 10:54 AM
I like the feeling of any FO that turns out right. :teehee:

I did enjoy knitting a shawl that I will give my mom for Christmas.

mulene
12-01-2006, 07:44 AM
nothing quite like it is there =D

dek_n_bloom
12-02-2006, 03:41 AM
Mmm If my FO is a gift, I like seeing the person's reactions. But I think overall, I like getting to the end of the row and finding out the row ends perfectly, no extra or missing stiches. Ah, accomplishment. :happydance:

redwitch
12-02-2006, 08:40 AM
I like looking at and groping my wool, buying wool and thinking about what it will be made into, considering colour, thickness, needle size, gauge, fibre content, and rearranging it in its bookcase, by any of these categories.
I also quite like seeing something take shape when I've never knitted that kind of item before. 'Oh so that's what a gusset is, why didn't anyone ever explain it just widens the part to go around the thumb?'
And choosing the right wool to go with which pattern, with which other wools, and for which person. Would they like a fringe? Beads? Moss stitch not too masculine for X?
Ooooh! it's quite exciting. Sad I know...

nadja la claire
12-02-2006, 02:11 PM
I have yet to make anything for myself, but I do love it when I finally complete something, CO and block it and then see the look on the person's face when I give it to them. It really makes me feel great. I've never made a sweater, I'm kind of scared, but it's on my list of things to knit.

Nadja xxx

jess_hawk
12-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Several things please me particularly: First, choosing the colors, fibers, textures, designs, and type of item for an individual. Then as an item takes place, the satisfaction of knowing that I am creating something that fits their personality, in my opinion. Third, their reaction upon recieving something I made - many of my friends are not overly creative, so they are always very impressed that I can actually make something like that (I'm even more pleased when they ask me to show them how to make things themselves!). Fourth, seeing an item I made actually being used. Bonus points to me if it gets completely worn out and the person asks for a new one. :cheering:

CarmenIbanez
12-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Happiness is when you see someone truly love something you have made them. I have made my best friend three different things. The first one admittedly was hideous. She wore it twice in that "I'm wearing this so she can see I appreciate it" way. But the latest gift I made her was a really beautiful, luxurious and warm wrap. She almost always has it with her in that "I really love this" way. It is subtle but I can tell the difference, and I just love that!