PDA

View Full Version : cheap addi turbo

letah75
11-30-2006, 03:10 PM
I found someone on ebay that you can get 6 pairs of addi turbo needles for about $30. They off the following sizes:

The US size 3 to 7 in 16inch, 24inch and 32inch
The other size 8 to 10 in 16inch and 32inch
The larger size 10.5 to 15 in 32inch

(you can pick whatever combination you want)

They come from Norwich, United Kingdoms shipping GPB is $3.68

They've got a good rating 100% with 223 people rating them. I've e-mail them with a few question and they answer quickly and very politely. I have bid on some of the needles and am hoping to win. I will let you all know how it goes, but they seem good, with good prices.

http://crafts.search.ebay.com/_Knitting_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfrppZ25QQsacatZ3103QQsas sZlabrador052347

janelanespaintbrush
11-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Well, if I'm looking at the right listing, US shipping is $11.70 for 6 sets. Which comes out to less then $7 a piece, all told. That's pretty good. Too bad I'm not very fond of Addis. (I know, I know, I'm an weirdo -- don't hurt me!) :teehee:

brendajos
11-30-2006, 05:39 PM
This (http://stores.ebay.com/My-BestShop_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm) is my Addi boyfriend. Not everybody loves him as much as I do but I have always gotten my needles in a week coming from Hong Kong. :muah:

letah75
12-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Ok, I ordered the needles, 6 pair (I got to choose the size and length), plus shipping for $54.00 so $9.00 each. So far the communication has been EXCELLENT, wonderful customer service. They told me they shipped out on December 4th (from the UK), so since it's only the 7th, I don't know when they'll be here, but I'm really excited, and I WILL be ordering from them again!

Just wanted to post an update.

janelanespaintbrush
12-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Wait... how did it get to be more? Are you not in the US? It's a listing like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Pairs-Addi-Premium-Circular-Knitting-Needles_W0QQitemZ140053256481QQihZ004QQcategoryZ11 799QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem), right? I get a total of $41.34 for the buy it now price plus US shipping. :shrug:

letah75
12-07-2006, 12:39 PM
It was an auction, and it went up a little bit. And I was impatient!

Compulsive
12-07-2006, 12:56 PM
I just purchased a set for my mom. :cheering: If you go to the seller's Ebay store, you only pay $41. & change for a set of 6.

Stonington
12-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Are Addi's and Options similar? :??
Thanks!
anne

Jan in CA
12-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks!
anne

They are similar. Both needles are made of nickle plated brass and both have nice flexible cords. I think the cords on Options are a little smaller in diamter, but I'm not sure. They are a lot smaller than Denises. The needle tips on Options are pointier, but they aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. My only beef about the Options is lack of 16 in cable on large size needles, but they are planning on adding new things starting this spring. Keeping fingers crossed. :teehee:

Stonington
12-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks!
anne

They are similar. Both needles are made of nickle plated brass and both have nice flexible cords. I think the cords on Options are a little smaller in diamter, but I'm not sure. They are a lot smaller than Denises. The needle tips on Options are pointier, but they aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. My only beef about the Options is lack of 16 in cable on large size needles, but they are planning on adding new things starting this spring. Keeping fingers crossed. :teehee:

Thank you Jan, I am debating on getting the options after Christmas. But everyone raves about Addis too. Currently I am using Bambo-circulars and double points. They seem easier on my hands and arms- warmer almost. But knitting with cotton for dishcloths they seem to drag and make knitting difficult.

anne

Jan in CA
12-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Thank you Jan, I am debating on getting the options after Christmas. But everyone raves about Addis too. Currently I am using Bambo-circulars and double points. They seem easier on my hands and arms- warmer almost. But knitting with cotton for dishcloths they seem to drag and make knitting difficult.

anne [/color]

You're welcome. I just got my Options "sampler" yesterday. I ordered two needle sizes and the 24 in cord just so I could test them. You might consider doing that.

skNYC
12-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Brenda:

Next time if I would order anything from Jeff, I will use your name, is that okay ? ;)

Chrissie
12-07-2006, 05:40 PM
I just got my Options and I :heart: them. I have 1 addi turbo circular needle, which I also love, but since I heard that these are similar and I could get a huge set for the price of 4-5 addis, I had to get them. All I've done on them so far is a swatch, but it was a fast and lovely swatch.

brendajos
12-07-2006, 05:42 PM
but it was a fast and lovely swatch.

We with the sticks and string....we are a delightfully dorky bunch :teehee:

Chrissie
12-07-2006, 05:44 PM
:rofl:

letah75
12-08-2006, 03:15 PM
We with the sticks and string....we are a delightfully dorky bunch :teehee:

I am convinced this is why boys love to knit (when you can convice them). The like sticks of any kind. You will generally find them with some type of string, and they can get going fast and make clicking noises.....if you could somehow work a frog in there somewhere it would be little boy heaven.