PDA

View Full Version : Legwarmers

ilurffknit<3
12-01-2006, 04:51 AM
No pattern of officialness, this is a Serenity is feeling ambitous and brave thing. I have finally figured out cables, and will be working with some off-brand christmas yarn I bought last year and never used, right now I'm at cast-on, 60 stitches, because my calf is so fat. (My gauge peice was 50 cast-on and it had to be stretched all the way and still wouldnt go all the way around) Then I'm going to seam it up the back ( I have to seam it because I'm snowed in and cant get a hold of circulars or dpns).

Pictures of the beginning are below. Size 9 aluminum needles.

I'll post my pattern, or something close to it, when I've finished up :D

Jenelle
12-01-2006, 04:42 PM
That's a pretty yarn you have there. I can't wait to see them finished! :cheering:

janelanespaintbrush
12-01-2006, 05:05 PM
(I'm gonna sew two peices together, cause I'm snowed in and cant get a hold of circulars or dpns).

Couldn't you just make one piece and sew the right and left edges together? Then you would only have to do one seam instead of two.

*sigh* I want to make legwarmers too, but there is so much other stuff on my plate right now. Keep up updated on your progress. ;)

ilurffknit<3
12-02-2006, 06:18 AM
(I'm gonna sew two peices together, cause I'm snowed in and cant get a hold of circulars or dpns).

Couldn't you just make one piece and sew the right and left edges together? Then you would only have to do one seam instead of two.

*sigh* I want to make legwarmers too, but there is so much other stuff on my plate right now. Keep up updated on your progress. ;)

You know, right after I posted the bit about two pieces together, I realized I could make just one and seam it up the back or whatever. I forgot to edit the post though

:wall:

Amber
12-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Can't wait to see them!