PDA

View Full Version : I Love Knitpicks

ctmax
12-01-2006, 05:25 PM
I live in Canada in a city that doesn't have a decent yarn store. There is a yarn store in Canada that does offer free shipping over $35 though. I want to make a plain black vest and the best option they could give me would have cost me $65. So I checked out knitpicks Andean Silk and including shipping and duty and GST it came to $45.00. :happydance: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

nadja la claire
12-01-2006, 05:39 PM
You are going to love Andean Silk. It is so soft and the colors are lovely. It knits up beautifully and it has wonderful stitch definition. The only complaint I had with it is that it tends to shed a little. If you like the Andean Silk try the Elegance, it's dk weight and it too is wonderful. It's baby alpaca and silk. Oh soooooooooooo sooooooooooooft. I'm making a gift with it now and it feels so nice in my hands.

Nadja xxx

iza
12-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Really??? Oh wow!!! I'm SOOO going to order from them next time! :cheering: I was hesitant because of the shipping/duty fees... but you convinced me to try!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-01-2006, 06:46 PM
i lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve andean silk. It's so-oooo-ooooooooooooo soft and pretty. I agree, the Elegance is a close second... i couldn't decide b/t the 2 for a sweater and went with the AS just because it was cheaper. I might do the E for my NEXT purchase though.

It's good to hear that you had a good experiecence so far... you'll have to let us know how long it takes them to GET it to you though!

ctmax
12-01-2006, 07:07 PM
On the website it says it could take anywhere from 5 - 14 buisness days. I will let you know how long it actually takes.

Kiri
12-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Knitpicks ships to Canada duty-free, and has a reasonable shipping rate.

My package arrived exactly 14 days after it was shipped.

So far, I'm impressed. So impressed, in fact, I placed another order.

ctmax
12-03-2006, 11:58 AM
On the website under shipping they say they collect GST and duty of 10% of the total value of items. :shrug:

spinnknit
12-03-2006, 01:19 PM
The only problem I have with Knitpicks is having to sign in on their site! What's with that? I'm not there to post something on a forum. I go there to shop. They get my CC#. I have a verifiable address.

I've ordered quite a bit from them. Reasonable prices. LOVE the Options needles, too!

I just have a problem with signing in when all I want to do is buy.

VictoiseC
12-04-2006, 11:27 AM
The problem I have with KNitpicks is that one yarn of theirs, um, the regular wool that's a good price, why can't you get it to come out of the center!?
I never ever can and have to unwind from the outside. I don't like that part.
Anybody have that problem?

jessi_9783
12-04-2006, 11:48 AM
The only problem I have with Knitpicks is having to sign in on their site! What's with that? I'm not there to post something on a forum. I go there to shop. They get my CC#. I have a verifiable address.
Most online retailers require you to sign in. It's about convenience but I don't understand KP's method because to me part of that convenience is keeping all of my information, including CC info, on file so I don't have to keep re-entering it over and otherwise what is the point?
The problem I have with KNitpicks is that one yarn of theirs, um, the regular wool that's a good price, why can't you get it to come out of the center!?
I never ever can and have to unwind from the outside. I don't like that part.
Anybody have that problem?
That part doesn't bother me because I'm paranoid about knots and I always rewind all of my yarn.