PDA

View Full Version : I have a line of weird stitches down the front of my sweater

booskibabe
12-02-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm knitting a top down sweater, and Joann's didn't have enough of the yarn I needed in 1 dye lot, so I just grabbed 5 balls and figured I'd switch yarns every couple rows. That is working out great colorwise. I don't have any lines of different colors. However, I switched yarns in the front of the sweater, so now where I did that the stitches are a little raised or something. Can I do anything about this or do I have to frog the whole thing? DH claims he can't see the line (That is, until I pointed it out to him). :doh: I'm thinking about finishing the body and trying it out on my family to see if they notice it. :shrug: Hwat would you do?

janelanespaintbrush
12-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Are the stitches raised because your gauge got a little looser there? If so, you can take a needle tip and adjust the stitches in that row a little tighter one by one -- you can pull out the excess yarn you get from this process from where the new skein was joined in.

CarmenIbanez
12-02-2006, 06:25 PM
It might be helpful if you could post a pic?

booskibabe
12-02-2006, 07:51 PM
where the skein is joined is where I have the problem. Would tightening just that spot work?

suzeeq
12-02-2006, 08:10 PM
where the skein is joined is where I have the problem. Would tightening just that spot work?

Probably. And they'll even out a bit with blocking/washing, too.

sue