PDA

View Full Version : Shrug for Toddlers

KnittinMitchie
12-03-2006, 02:58 AM
I have been hunting for a Shrug pattern so I can kint one for my 18 month old daughter. Thus far I have had NO luck finding one that will go with her Summer Style Party Dress. It is a halter style, which leaves her little arms and back bare. She looks SO cute in the dress and a normal sweater just doesn't look right.

Can anyone help me and if possible have a pattern that is knitted on needles no smaller that Size US 5. I have tendonitis and anything smaller is too much stress on my hands and wrists.

Thank you :muah:

Karen K.
12-03-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't have a shrug pattern but how about a cape? I have a pattern for an adorable cape that is meant for toddlers. The cape is made with size 10 needles and knits up quite quickly. The pattern is made by King Cole - Chunky & Sprinkles (Pattern #2861). I bought this pattern at my LYS this past summer. It's been a hit with all of my friends that have little girls.

Also, the pattern can be adjusted for summer weight yarn.

Hope this helps!

KnittinMitchie
12-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Ooohhh how cute a cape would work with the dress too. Can you give me the directions. I think that would actually be easier than trying to knit the shrug :)

gardenmommy
12-03-2006, 02:47 PM
http://droppedastitch.blogspot.com/2006/10/fuzzy-shrug.html

This describes how to make a shrug to custom fit, I think her description is for a child's size 10, but you can easily scale it down to fit your DD, and you certainly wouldn't have to use something fuzzy like she did.