jberry16
12-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Just had to share this picture with y'all it made me :rofl:

Stiney
12-05-2006, 06:46 PM
See? Ducktape DOES solve everything!

figaro
12-05-2006, 06:48 PM
mmmmm, maybe I need to check my duct tape to tape up my 1 yr old........darn it, mental note "buy duct tape from Lowe's next time!" :rofl: :roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard:

Mulderknitter
12-05-2006, 07:23 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Me and my hubby always say, there are SOOOO many reasons we do not have children.... we WOULD do that!

mks22300
12-05-2006, 07:50 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:
There are some days at work where that would come in handy, but I know we'd get in trouble by the State! :teehee:

jberry16
12-05-2006, 08:31 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:
There are some days at work where that would vome in handy, but I know we'd get in trouble by the State! :teehee:
you must work in a day care? I did for years, now I'm at home with my kids and guess what? they're not sick all the time-what a concept! I feel your pain. :hug:

ecb
12-05-2006, 09:03 PM
my Mother just asked for a roll of Duct Tape for christmas
really, that is what she asked for

but I am TOO big for this to work
I exceed 250#

ecb

mulene
12-06-2006, 08:14 AM
:rofl: :rofl: thats great!

ebrperk
12-06-2006, 10:48 AM

Jax3303
12-06-2006, 11:16 AM
i know that pic is a joke.....but it really bothers me and I do not think it is funny. It is disturbing. that baby is too young for time out. she's too young to understand it. And if anyone ever did really duct tape a baby/toddler/child to a wall, i hope they burn in hell.

jberry16
12-06-2006, 11:29 AM
i know that pic is a joke.....but it really bothers me and I do not think it is funny. It is disturbing. that baby is too young for time out. she's too young to understand it. And if anyone ever did really duct tape a baby/toddler/child to a wall, i hope they burn in hell.
didn't mean to bother you, we all know the kid is too young for time out, and you can tell the kid is sitting on a shelf with a harness holding her to the wall, just look close. I've seen these chairs in public bathrooms to keep the kids off the floor when Mom is going potty. This little one can't be any older than 18 months. Please note that even that much duct tape couldn't hold a 20lb kid to the wall. I don't know this child but she doesn't look to be more than 20 lbs. Hope you have a better day. :hug:

Jax3303
12-06-2006, 11:33 AM
the reason it really bothers me is that there are people out there stupid enough to do crap like this, and you people are laughing at it. Child abuse isn't funny.

jberry16
12-06-2006, 11:41 AM
the reason it really bothers me is that there are people out there stupid enough to do crap like this, and you people are laughing at it. Child abuse isn't funny.
I don't see that this is child abuse. sorry to get your feathers ruffled.

suzq85
12-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Being a redneck, I totally understand the the photo. I think it's a hoot. Believe me, if I thought there was child abuse, I would be fuming. But people are so ready to see the worst in others. I think it totally rocks! LOL

Mulderknitter
12-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Jax, sorry but I think you may have misunderstood the meaning of the post. It was meant to be humorous, ie: imposing or inciting laughter on others. It was a joke. This is not a political forum, nor does it seem to be a place to air personal grievances ie: child abuse. OBVIOUSLY this was not meant to offend or promote child abuse. PLEASE, I'm sorry, but it was just a silly photo not meant to inspire high horse pedestal taking

*KnitPixie*
12-07-2006, 11:28 PM
:roflhard: I think that is hilarious..I sent it to my aunt who lives in Missouri and she cracked up as well! Thanks for sharing that photo it made me and my family laugh.

jberry16
12-08-2006, 12:36 AM
you're welcome

KellyK
12-08-2006, 12:39 AM
That's like watching America's Funniest Home Videos when someone bumps into something HARD. You know you shouldnt laugh.... its PAINFUL to laugh... but you do anyway. :oops:

humblestumble
12-08-2006, 03:11 AM
Oh my lord! haha! That's a funny picture. I love how the hair is standing on end! And I can imagine wanting to do that to a kid. Especially a few I know.

I wouldn't see it as abuse in my case, but as a way for them not to get hurt. I know a few kids who hang on tables (and various things) to swing. One of these days they may well bust their heads. To me, the parents who say nothing to the particular kids that I am referring to are the ones who are abusing them.

Although, I do know that duct tape does not hold like that. haha.

CateKnits
12-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Some guys in my dorm duct taped an 18 year old to an elevator wall. I don't know if they had magic duct tape or what, but they did it - with his feet off the ground and everything.

jberry16
12-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Some guys in my dorm duct taped an 18 year old to an elevator wall. I don't know if they had magic duct tape or what, but they did it - with his feet off the ground and everything.
that's funny. :roflhard:

Ingrid
12-08-2006, 10:49 PM
There was a school in which the principal allowed herself to be duct taped against the wall as a reward for the kids having read a certain number of books. She stood on a box, got taped, and when they moved the box, she stuck. :teehee:

Pink Dandelion
12-09-2006, 09:42 PM
My best friend's little brother volunteered to be duct-taped to a wall once as an experiment... we had it all planned out... the only problem was, we couldn't find a wall that would handle the tape coming off :teehee:

nadja la claire
12-10-2006, 10:18 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Thanks for posting the photo!!

Nadja xxx