PDA

View Full Version : knit and...

resazurin
12-09-2006, 03:11 PM
I just published a post on my blog on things I like to do. Then I realised that I like to do a lot of things while simultaneously knitting.

So I thought i would ask, what do you like doing while knitting? I would love to here from all of you :)

Jan in CA
12-09-2006, 03:14 PM
I watch TV as long as it's not a real complicated pattern. I also like to knit in silence or with music if it's very soft and is only background noise. Otherwise I get distracted. I seem to be able to tune out the TV better than music.

lissalue
12-09-2006, 03:14 PM
i put other because my most favoritist thing to do while knitting is be on here, either browsing the forum or chatting with my chatty buds at the chat. :heart:

Eloewien
12-09-2006, 03:51 PM
I put read, but really I'm usually reading and watching tv and maybe even playing warcraft... I'm way too ADHD!!!

Renoah
12-09-2006, 04:37 PM
I, um, go to class. :teehee: But one of these days I will figure out how to move my mouse telekinetically, and then I will surf the 'net with my needles in my hands. :)

snowbear
12-09-2006, 04:49 PM
I work & knit.. Where I work they allow us to knit, read, crochet, etc. while answering the phones & working the computers. But, between calls.. or if call is boring..we can knit.

At home.. its tv or a movie or dvd.

brendajos
12-09-2006, 05:06 PM
while i am at home i knit, surf, and watch TV intermittently, but i am rarely home with the two jobs and the volunteer stuff... So I put other because my best just sitting and knitting time is when i am at the theatre watching movies....Just got home from one in fact! ;)

Pink Dandelion
12-09-2006, 07:25 PM
I like to sit and watch DVDs... mostly seasons of older TV shows (Remington Steele, Hart to Hart, Original and TNG Star Trek, Barney Miller, Addams Family, Columbo, M*A*S*H, etc.)

If I'm not doing that I like to listen to podcasts, or music.

kristinw
12-09-2006, 11:13 PM
I do most of my knitting while breastfeeding my son!! :D

jdee
12-10-2006, 12:14 AM
I put watch TV. I watch a lot of repeats of shows I've seen so many times (Star Trek TNG, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc....), that I really don't need to consentrate on them. It's mainly a background noise. Now there are a few shows DH and I watch together, where I have to knit on something easy, that doesn't require a lot of counting. I've tried to knit while we watch football, but since the Cowboys have made improvements, it's not easy.

Stiney
12-10-2006, 12:22 AM
I, um, go to class. :teehee: But one of these days I will figure out how to move my mouse telekinetically, and then I will surf the 'net with my needles in my hands. :)

I just stick my needles in my mouth when I need to type or use the mouth. ;)

I've caught myself doing it while at work (I knit at my desk on my lunch break.) I don't think anyone's seen me.

lissalue
12-10-2006, 01:41 AM

how do you do this? i haven't figured it out yet!

Mo0nAngel
12-10-2006, 02:37 AM

I just stick my needles in my mouth when I need to type or use the mouth. ;)

I've caught myself doing it while at work (I knit at my desk on my lunch break.) I don't think anyone's seen me.

hahaha thats what I do! :teehee: I knit while using the computer and listening to music or watching tv...just as long as its not lace...:)

sfavereau
12-10-2006, 03:03 AM
I put read, but really I'm usually reading and watching tv and maybe even playing warcraft... I'm way too ADHD!!!

I assume you mean World of Warcraft? LOL OMG, do I ever play that too much. I love it and my knitting suffers b/c of it (well, what doesn't suffer b/c of Wow?).

Stephanie <---Not WoW 1137 but wishes to be (or maybe I am... LOL!)

Lieke
12-10-2006, 04:43 AM
Most of the times I watch tv while I'm knitting, but I also like to listen to music. There has to be some distraction from the knitting, because otherwise it becomes boring really fast. I even knit difficult patterns when watching tv, although I don't get everything that happens on tv :doh: .

nadja la claire
12-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I said other because I don't watch tv during the day, although I do knit while I'm watching tv at night. I listen to the radio (NPR) during the day if I'm home and while listening to the radio I'm also on the web looking for patterns and yarns or I'm here.

Nadja xxx

Limey
12-10-2006, 12:22 PM
I walk the dog

Limey

Quiltlady
12-10-2006, 02:06 PM
I may be talented but I can't knit and hold a book to read at the same time! I watch TV while I knit! :happydance:

Jan in CA
12-10-2006, 02:09 PM
I don't see how it's possible to walk a dog, read or surf the web while knitting! I wouldn't want to keep putting it down. :teehee:

Limey
12-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi Jan

Dunno about reading or surfing the net but it's dead easy walking a dog and knitting.

I just tie the leash around what I like to call my waist and off we go. Sam Pup is very good at carrying the yarn in one of those netty things you get onions in at the supermarket.

Peas-a-cake!

I'll have to get him a festive bow to hang around his neck while he's carrying my ball of wool.

All the Best
Limey

Limey
:wink:

Jan in CA
12-10-2006, 03:33 PM
You should get someone to take pictures of that, Ellie! That is too funny! :teehee:

kristinw
12-10-2006, 04:38 PM

how do you do this? i haven't figured it out yet!

I use my boppy pillow. So he lays there and my hands are free. It's fabulous!!

resazurin
12-11-2006, 02:45 AM
You're all giving me ideas of extra time where i could squeeze in my knitting :)

I'm a lab technician and have a lot of spare time at work when my intsrument is running samples; I haven't actually tried knitting at work, but after reading your posts I am getting encouraged to try :teehee:

keep posting :)