PDA

View Full Version : Dominican Republic?? ..who am I kidding :'( am I alone??

Mo0nAngel
12-10-2006, 01:50 AM
What are the odds of another dominican in this forum who knits AND speaks english...I know I know cero to none..but the hope still remains...so if by chance there is someone pleaseeeeeee do not hesitate to PM, Reply, or Email Me! :D

horve1
12-10-2006, 07:22 AM
You may (or may not?) be alone geographically, but you are not alone in spirit. You've got lots of friends here!

Mo0nAngel
12-10-2006, 11:07 AM
awww you're such a sweetheart!! thank you so much!!! :) :hug: :hug: :muah:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Maybe there are other island knitters???

juneko74
12-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Don't feel so lonely, I'm Korean... Lived most of my life in South America. Lived in Paraguay for 19 years and 6 1/2 in Suriname. So my native language is Spanish... I can pretend to be from REPUBLICA DOMINICANA. Does this make you feel better??? :teehee:

Mo0nAngel
12-11-2006, 12:14 AM
awwww you gals! you're gonna make me cry now!! :D I love you all soo much!! :D actually Hildie there was one from barbados but I haven't seen her around...and Juneko sure you can pretend to be from the DR!! :D It would definitely make me feel better! :rofl: :rofl: :hug: :hug: :hug:

KnittyKitty
12-11-2006, 10:37 AM
:waving: Hi! I'm still around! I know how you are feeling... it would be nice to do a knitting nite somewhere... you know, do cool things that you read about on here on other places on the web. I guess for now I have to be satisfied with just that :shrug: It's good to know that there is another Caribbean knitter on here! :muah: :muah: :muah:

Lisa

Mo0nAngel
12-11-2006, 11:52 AM
:waving: Hi! I'm still around! I know how you are feeling... it would be nice to do a knitting nite somewhere... you know, do cool things that you read about on here on other places on the web. I guess for now I have to be satisfied with just that :shrug: It's good to know that there is another Caribbean knitter on here! :muah: :muah: :muah:

Lisa
Its youuuuuu :cheering: I was wondering about you Lisa! how are things over there in barbados?? have you gotten any cool weather yet??

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-11-2006, 02:49 PM
cool weather????? What's cool weather in the carribbean... 70s?

KnittyKitty
12-11-2006, 10:13 PM
:teehee: We sure do Hilde... anything below 75 is chilly for me especially at night. It might get a bit "colder" mostly when you guys get very very cold and the wind blows down here. I consider it cold when at night I have to wrap up in a blankie! Remember we get high 80's (feels like low 90's) to low 90's (feels like high 90's) with UV indices like 9/10. I wear a cardigan in the office and get really :!!!: mad when people turn the a/c to 68! That's my floor. Don't talk about the floor where the Canadians work! Its like they are recreating their home climate! :rofl: Heck, some days in July when we visited San Fransisco were FREEZING!!!

Rita, since you are closer to North America you guys must have your blankies out too!

Mo0nAngel
12-12-2006, 02:26 AM
hahahaha well of course Hildie!! :teehee: right now its 73 degrees F. and I'm wearing a sweater AND the fan is off!...I'll probably turn it on before I go to bed but I'll definitely cover myself with my very thick blankie!...we get temperatures as cold as 68 degrees IF we're lucky! :rofl: :rofl: 68 is practically scarf weather here! :teehee:

Thats hilarious Lisa! I do love it when the air conditioner is as cold as it can possibly be!! There is one part of the island called Cosntanza, its a town with surrounding mountains where the temperature goes down to 40 to 30 degrees, my favorite place here! :)

DianaM
12-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Although I now live in the US Midwest, I grew up in LatinAmerica, so count up another spanish speaker here. :thumbsup:

psammeadred
12-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm the only KH member in my entire state...I feel your pain!

Webigail
12-18-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm born and raised in the US, pero hablamos spaņol in mi casa, usualmente.

Mo0nAngel
12-23-2006, 12:30 AM
awww you gals are great!! thanks for the support!! :D

gypsygirl
01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Well, my dad lives in Santo Domingo, and I've visited him there... is that close enough? :)

lestrella
01-18-2007, 10:02 PM
:happydance: Hey! I'm glad to find another Dominican here. I didn't think knitting was common back home. My name is Larissa. I am Dominican, but I live in Charlotte, NC. I just moved here six months ago and I love it.

I just joined this group today and I'm still not very familiar with the blogs. One of the reasons I joined is to see if I can find people in my area who knit and crochet. I, personally don't know anyone. I taught myself how to crochet about 18 years ago and now I'm teaching myselft how to knit. I also would like to have a knitting/crochet club at the elementary school in my area. I still don't know how to go about that since I never taught anyone before. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Mo0nAngel
03-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Well, my dad lives in Santo Domingo, and I've visited him there... is that close enough? :)

ohmygosh I've been MIA for so long I forgot about checking this thread! sorry!! :oops: well yeah thats close enough! I live in santo domingo! :D

wandaweberg
03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
I am not from the Dominican but have visited there - does that count? ;)

Just wanted to say hello to you!

Wanda be Knitting

Arielluria
03-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I hope you find some knitters! I love both your knitting blog and your Christian one. I have both as well and posted to your hat, great! Gotta get that pattern!