PDA

View Full Version : OT: Perfume preferences?

Kirochka
12-19-2006, 02:12 PM
I know lots of people don't like perfumes, but some do... and I'm always curious to know what perfumes people wear, and have worn in the past...

I started out with Chanel No. 21 (which no longer exists) when I was in college in the 1980s (I miss it!). In grad school I discovered Nocturnes de Caron, which I still have (I think it might have been discontinued, too, but I've still managed to find it on line). In the early 1980s I added Lancome's Tresor (the scent of which always means Ireland to me, because I wore it on a trip to Ireland in 1993) - just recently I got a lighter Tresor that's nice (but was a limited edition, so is probably gone already... of course...). I don't know if I'm forgetting anything from earlier on...

Since then I've added Givenchy's Organza, Thierry Mugler Angel (but that was way too strong for me - now I've got Angel Lily, which is lighter), Eau de Kenzo (for some reason only in summer), a spicy Aveda scent, and most recently Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir. Nocturnes is still my favorite... but I don't think I've found my Holy Grail perfume yet...?

For those of you who do like perfumes, what are your picks?

Stonington
12-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Coco by Chanel and Gem by Van Kleif and Arpel (sp?). Use to wear Cinnabar (sp?) but now it seems too strong for me.

It will be fun to see what everyone wears. :cheering:

anne

Kiri
12-19-2006, 02:21 PM
My two favourite perfumes are both Aveda (Attraction and Equipoise).

Attraction is a deep frankinsense/myrrh combo, while Equipoise is a light lemongrassy scent.

Both are discontinued.

Carol_OH
12-19-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm a big 'woody oriental' gal (if you go to Sephora.com you can find perfumes you may like based on the type you already have)...and a big "smell like gramma" gal. I'm definitely NOT a floral kinda person.

that said my favs are Opium (my long-time Holy Grail!) , Shalimar, and Mitsouka (sp?) I recently purchased Cabotine and Bora Bora which are lighter but still have a deep tone (I'm thinking frangipani in Cabotine). I'm really wanting to get Stella McCartny's Amber.

Kiri, the "Attraction" sounds fabulous - I'll have to try that one too!

I wear perfume every day! Love it!

Stiney
12-19-2006, 02:39 PM
I found a gift set of Hermes Amazon scented stuff in the "throw out" bag from my Grandma's bathroom when we were moving out. I like it, but I usually forget to wear perfume.

When I do, I'm more likely to go for either the Victoria's Secret Strawberries and Champagne spritz or the Bath & Body Works Cucumber Melon spritz I have. (Cause they're in a place where I see them more. :teehee: )

Kirochka
12-19-2006, 02:44 PM
I had a social studies teacher in high school whose perfume I loved, but I stupidly never asked her what it was... :wall:

jodstr2
12-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Kirochka -
I've been wearing Angel for the past couple of weeks, because I feel I need to use it up since I've had this bottle for a LONG time. I love the chocolate and pear in it, but generally it's too strong for me. thanks for the tip, I will have to check out Angel Lily.

I alternate between Anne Pliska, Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion, Laura Biagiotti Roma, Escada Island Kiss, and Must de Cartier. the Pliska and the Roma I have to order online as they are hard to find. the Island Kiss was a limited edition a couple of years ago.

as a teenager I loved White Shoulders and Love's Musky Jasmine.

Carol_OH -
thanks for the tip on sephora.com, I will have to see what recommendations they give me.

Eloewien
12-19-2006, 02:57 PM
I like victoria's secret Dream Angels Divine, but I would love to find other perfumes I like. Unfortunately, I have really bad reactions to some, so I have to be careful. Sometimes I just walk up to a perfume counter and my eyes burn. It's hard to figure out what you like that way :(

Kirochka
12-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Jodi, there are several varieties of Angel now - Violet, Lily, um... forgetting the others now, Peony maybe? They all seem lighter than the original. I finally had to get rid of the original because it made me feel sick, it was so strong!

brendajos
12-19-2006, 03:03 PM
i usually wear Pleasures but I am tired of it. I also like the lotions from Bath and Bodyworks so will use them as perfume sort of but I would like to find a perfume that I really love. I bought a bunch of samples from Fragrancenet.com a while back but didn't fall in love with any of them really. I can't do things that are too spicy or musky because they give me headaches. some floral scents do as well. i smell perfumes all the time that i love, but never think to ask what the person is wearing. *sigh*

I would like to find something very light and floral to wear....will have to keep looking.

oooh i used to love sunflowers until i smelled someone who had too much on one day. it made me ill and i have never been able to stand the smell of it since. hrmm..what else did i wear...hrmmmm....nothing really of note. I have worn pleasures for a long time!

nadja la claire
12-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Obsession and Opium just smell delicious :heart: To bad my honeys alergic to scents. :pout:

Nadja xxx

Vendie
12-19-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm in love with Burberry's perfume of the same name. My favorite. I find it subtle yet lingering. I also like Realities (Liz Claiborne? I can't remember), and Indecence (Givenchy). I liked Pleasures, but it makes me sneeze my head off.

dustinac
12-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I've never been able to find my perfect perfume :teehee: they may smell good in the store or even on me while I'm in the store.. but by the time I'm home I don't care for it anymore...I use a lot of bath and body works sprays... Freesia is my favorite and one I use most... most perfumes are to strong for me and I end up with headaches but this seems to be light enough that I don't have any problems... :shrug: its cheap too :rofl: :roflhard:

Krystal
12-19-2006, 03:43 PM
My first real perfume love would be "dreams" by Tabu I bough it in a body spray when I was 13 and I loved loved loved it. A year later when shopping with my 9th grade buddies I found Revlon's "Fire & Ice; COOL" and I fell in love. It was my holy grail of perfume's. I would get a bottle of it every Christmas. But sadly it was discontinued a few years ago. My mom was smart and bought out the remaining supply, so I still got 2 bottles every christmas since. She would have had more this year, but she worried the scents would change or fade so she gave me the last of the stash last year. They still smell beautiful, but the scent has definately changed.

Oh well... The original "Fire&Ice" is still out on shelves, but it's too spicy for me.

I can't stand really strong smells... (literally, I can't breathe.) but I love light floral fruity things... I think most perfumes I enjoy have a hint of coconut in them.

I am fond of the Paris Hilton perfume.... It just smells sooo amazing, but it's just slightly too strong for me. I also am a fan of Hypnotic Poison... so nice.

Lisa1216
12-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Years ago I wore White Shoulders and Chanel No. 5. Now I only wear Donna Karan Cashmire Mist. I can't seem to find anything else I really love.

Chrissie
12-19-2006, 05:00 PM
I really like Philosophy's fragrances...I have Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, and Falling in Love. Amazing Grace is my favorite. I also have a bottle of Banana Republic's "W" scent. That's pretty nice, too, but is a little strong for me. I like light fragrances.

Kaydee
12-19-2006, 05:12 PM
My mom wears Chanel no. 5, and I LOVE that. I myself wear Michael Kors Island....it smells so fresh like lilacs, and it stays on for a long time without being too strong.

Stiney
12-19-2006, 05:13 PM
My mom wears Chanel no. 5, and I LOVE that. I myself wear Michael Kors Island....it smells so fresh like lilacs, and it stays on for a long time without being too strong.

My Grammy wears Chanel no. 5 and I hate it. :teehee:

Something about the combo of Chanel No. 5, dog, beer, and stale cigarette smoke just isn't appealing to me.

jberry16
12-19-2006, 05:57 PM
I love Gap sent "heaven" it's so suttle, yet yummy.
I used to have a girlfriend that wore Tommy Girl and it used to make me sneeze-go figure.

cookworm
12-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Obsession and Opium just smell delicious :heart: To bad my honeys alergic to scents. :pout:

Nadja, Obsession is one of my "old standby's"--I love it! It takes me back to when I was in high school and a teenager. My sister used to wear "Lauren" back then which I like too; every time I smell it, it transports me back to those carefree days. I also like Chanel No. 5. Gosh, 15 years ago, I used to really like Jessica McClintock (I'm not even sure if they make this anymore!), but I haven't been able to wear it for a long time. :verysad: I used to also like Red but I can't wear that anymore either. Geez, look at me and my 1980's line up of perfumes...am I dating myself here??? :oops: Back in the early 1990's when "Phantom of the Opera" was really popular and was playing in the midwest, they used to sell "Phantom of the Opera" perfume, and that was pretty, but they no longer sell it.

Andrea
12-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Cool topic, Karen!

Right now, I change scents everyday...the ones currently in rotation are Vera Wang (her original scent), Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Her 2, Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely (very nice floral scent for those saying they were looking for something...), and I also have an Angel..it says Pivione on the bottom, which I think is the Peony (help me out, French speakers! :teehee: ). It's the pink bottle.

I tend to wear lotions alone though, if they are strong ones. I'm really into the Bath and Body Works Wickedly Hot Chocolate right now...the boys at work follow me around when I wear that! :teehee: I also LOVE B&BW Japanese Cherry Blossom. And their Aromatherapy scent, Jasmine Vanilla. That one is VERY STRONG though.

ETA: With the talk of the Jo Malone and her Blue Agava Cacao that Amanda has, I'm really interested in that!!

losnana
12-19-2006, 06:33 PM
I love shalimar, but never buy it for myself. I found that Crabtree & Evelyn's Vanilla is very similar and much cheaper. then they stopped making that scent. so I'm looking- or sniffing I guess is more apt.

stitchwitch
12-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Dial soap and Arrid Extra dry deodorant!
I wish I had some perfume, sadly I just haven't kept up with it in the past few years. Too many other things to buy, too many other people to look out after before I tend to myself.

Jessica
12-19-2006, 08:19 PM
I usually will never admit to this to anyone when they ask what I wear because its kind of embrassing, but I wear Paris Hilton :shifty: . Some lady at the mall gave me a tester of it and I didnt pay any attention to her when she said what it was. As I was walking away I smelled it and fell in :heart: . It smelled so clean and it wasnt over powering, yet it lasted all day.

The other purfume I wear is actually an oil that I've worn since I was a freshman in high school. Its called Egyptian Goddess. I dont remember who makes it, but I love it as well.

nonny2t
12-19-2006, 08:33 PM
I am a fruity, flowery kind of old lady. I hate the oriental spices smell, and strong stuff. I abhor anything with patchouli in it {{{shudder}}} makes me thing of Greatful Dead groupies!

I like Bath and Body's Cotton Blossom, Liz Claiborne, Anais Anais, there used to be this delicious perfume that Victoria's Secret sold in a little pink bottle, but they discontinued it and I can't remember the name of it. I liked to bathe in it! I wear Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise because my husband likes it. I like Gloria Vanderbilt too.

I rarely buy expensive perfume as I find stuff that is inexpensive that I like just as well. Cachet used to make this stuff called Cachet Noir and every time I would wear it some guy would come up to me and tell me how sexy smelling it was! I was in a police station once waiting for someone in the waiting area and a policeman walked past me, stopped, turned around and came back and ask me what I was wearing. I told him and he said it sure made me smell sexy! A Cop saying that to an old fat lady! Made my day! Unfortunately, they don't make it any longer. Maybe I am the only one it smelled good on??????? :roflhard: :roflhard:

mks22300
12-19-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm a Bath and Body Works girl. I have a few actual perfumes, but I can't even remember what they are 'cause I usually wear my b&bw. Right now, I think I have on Black Raspberry and Vanilla.

redwitch
12-19-2006, 10:15 PM
I can't believe how many of us are responding to such a frivolous post! Just shows you how much anyone loves to talk about herself...
I love Chanel Mademoiselle, Stella by Stella McCartney, Nature by Yves St. Laurent, Gucci Rush, and I quite like Green Tea by Liz Arden. Revlon's Fire and Ice I remember liking too. I have an unfortunate weakness for matching bath/shower gels which cost half as much as the perfume but don't last nearly as long. Stella body wash for seventy dollars anyone?

I wonder whether I can get unscented liquid soap and mix in a few sprays of a perfume?

I also love the atomisers that allow you to carry a bit less of the perfume around in your pocket.

Sarah

jess_hawk
12-20-2006, 12:37 AM
I got b&bw Breathe Romance lotion and body scrub as a gift at a wedding shower or something, and I absolutely fell in love with it. It's now my "formal" fragrance... my semi-formals are warm vanilla sugar, peppermint (I have several different brands of peppermint, the vanilla is b&bw, but I also have several other vanillas), and b&bw sensual amber. for everyday wear I either don't wear anything or I wear something (lotion) that smells flowery, or something that smells edible. I like to mix things, too. I went through an orange phase in high school, along with a "lets try everything there is" phase... I'm not buying as many new things now and I'm phasing out the stuff that doesn't smell like vanilla, peppermint, oranges, or something soft and oriental (Romance is amber-myrh).
I don't like to smell really strongly, whatever I'm wearing. I'm very excited right now... a lot of my relatives have scent allergies so I can't wear perfumesto holidays, and I've always had best friends who have scent allergies, too, so I couldn't wear perfume while with them... my ex boyfriend was the same... what's a girl to do? Yay! now I have friends who are NOT allergic!! and the guy I like is one of them.

talche
12-20-2006, 12:40 AM
I wear oils because DH is allergic to either the fixative or propellant in sprays. My current favorites are all from The Body Shop; Anaya, Oceanus, Rose Cassia.

Redwitch you could add perfume or fragrance oil to unscented soap, the alcohol in sprays and toilettes wouldn't mix well with soap.

I make soap as well and this place www.sweetcakes.com has some great cosmetic FOs including some knockoffs off name brands. They can be used to make soap, lotion, massage oil, body spray and she even has some edible ones for lip balm.

miccisue
12-20-2006, 09:31 AM
OK, showing my age here. In high school, there was a fragrance called "Eau de Love" which I adored. I'd wear it still if it still existed. Also wore "Styx"....it had a cinnamon-y, scent to it and I liked it too. Also gone now. Original "Ambush"....not the junk they reformulated a few years back. "Tabu" and "Emeraude" are also favorites. Oh yeah, another oldie was "Muguet des Bois" (or as we called it, "Lily of the Valley") it was very light and lovely.

I miss the scents I grew up with. Now I wear "Tabu", "Emeraude", "Poison", "Tendre Poison", and my favorite expensive perfume is "Organza Indecence"....and it's getting hard to find. Sigh.

Does anyone remember the "Tabu" candles they used to come out with at Christmastime? Oh, those were great! Wonderful scent, and it "threw" very well. One little candle could scent the whole house (and not obnoxiously). Don't make those anymore either.

I wish they'd bring back some of the old stuff.....scents today just don't compare to them, IMHO.

Lisa1216
12-20-2006, 09:47 AM
I miss the scents I grew up with

Does anyone remember Loves Baby Soft? I wore it in middle school. A friend of mine found it in a drug store recently and her daughter sprayed it all over herself. Talk about a blast from the past! Funny how certain smells bring back memories.

Andrea
12-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Now I'm intrigued by the Paris scent...I hate her though :pout: I did buy Britney's original scent a few years back but I can't wear it anymore...although being a few years old might have something to do with the freshness of the smell. I also wore J Lo's Love, the first one she had out) Now there's so many celebrity smells out there, it's very :eyes:

I am curious to smell Gwen Stefani's fragrance when it comes out though.

PurlyGyrl
12-20-2006, 10:07 AM
My favorite of all-time WAS (they no longer make it :grrr: ) Yves St. Laurent Champagne--it was wonderful-MMMMMMMMMMMM-but there was some sort of lawsuit over copyright infringement of the use of the word Champagne and they pulled it. Was reissued as "YSL Champagne" but WAS NOT the same :verysad: So I stay with the old standby--White Shoulders. Gosh, I'm in a rut.

Webigail
12-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Pleasure
Sunflower
Chinese Flowers

Stiney
12-20-2006, 01:39 PM
I smelled Pleasures last night. And something else. And yucky Williams-Sonoma lotion. And then we went into Bath & Body Works.

I felt kinda sick when we got home. :ick:

I think Pleasures smelled nice, though. Wouldn't wear it.

This thread inspired me to put on my VS! :cheering:

lynne082
12-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Calvin Klein Euphoria is my current top favorite, but I have so many. Dior Addict 2 is on my wish list, along with Fresh Sugar. Michael Kors and Dolce and Gabanna have some new ones out that I like.

I also like Pink Sugar. :oops:

jodstr2
12-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Does anyone remember Loves Baby Soft? I wore it in middle school. A friend of mine found it in a drug store recently and her daughter sprayed it all over herself. Talk about a blast from the past! Funny how certain smells bring back memories.

I never wore Love's Baby Soft, but I remember it. I :heart: LOVELOVELOVELOVE :heart: Love's Musky Jasmine and wore it in 1984-85ish.

cookworm
12-20-2006, 02:12 PM
"Tabu" and "Emeraude" are also favorites.

I :heart: Tabu!!! My grandma had Tabu body powder, and she would let my sister and I puff that stuff EVERYWHERE!!!!!! (My grandma was one of the most generous people I ever knew--nothing was off limits for us with her) We felt so grown up and like moviestars! Every time I smell it, it makes me feel happy and brings me back to a special time. miccisue, I'm so glad you posted that...I had forgotten about it. My sister used to use Emeraude too a long time ago and I liked that too.

Does anyone remember Loves Baby Soft?

I do!!! That was the BIG scent when I was in junior high! :teehee:

Cachet used to make this stuff called Cachet Noir and every time I would wear it some guy would come up to me and tell me how sexy smelling it was!

Wow...if I had guys coming up to me telling me how sexy I smelled, I'd probably run the perfume industry bankrupt! :oops: :teehee: :wink: Maybe I'm not wearing the right stuff?

Kirochka
12-20-2006, 02:39 PM
I remember the name "Love's Baby Soft," but I don't think I ever knew what it smelled like. Same with Charlie... which was very big when I was in high school!

I used to have a Body Shop fragrance I liked, I think the Ananya one.

PurlyGyrl
12-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Love's Baby Soft smells just like baby powder. Its a good first perfume for girls --very soft and not overpowering. (And yes, I will admit that I still have bottle and use it occasionally :shifty: and I'm far from a little girl)

Charlie makes me want to :ick: My college roommate literally DRENCHED herself in the stuff in the 1970s. I could TASTE it and when I'd go home for the weekends, I'D smell like Charlie. :roll: I still stay as far away from it as possible.

Krystal
12-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I usually will never admit to this to anyone when they ask what I wear because its kind of embrassing, but I wear Paris Hilton :shifty: . Some lady at the mall gave me a tester of it and I didnt pay any attention to her when she said what it was. As I was walking away I smelled it and fell in :heart: . It smelled so clean and it wasnt over powering, yet it lasted all day.

Don't be embarrassed! I LOOOVE it. I just tell people it's Paris.. instead of paris hilton. haha.

Love's Baby Soft smells just like baby powder. Its a good first perfume for girls --very soft and not overpowering.

I totally disagree.... I recieved baby soft for my 8th birthday and I HATED it. It was soooo strong and over powering. And it STANK... eesh. I wouldn't recommend it for a little girl at all... Adults maybe if they like it...

This also proves the flaw in perfumes... If you put on enough that you can smell and enjoy it...you're wearing too much, goes the rule. But then if you can't smell it and enjoy, and the people around you don't enjoy it... what's the point? sigh!

Jackie M.
12-20-2006, 10:00 PM
L'aire de Temps is my #1 favorite, but White Shoulders comes 2nd.

Kirochka
12-21-2006, 09:35 AM
It's funny, when you google "Chanel No. 21" you get practically nothing - but one thing you do get is some perfume forum where somebody is betting her mother that there never was such a thing, even though her mother is insisting she wore it. I'm beginning to feel like my first perfume was some sort of Twilight Zone thing - no one believes it really existed! I'm about ready to e-mail Chanel and ask for confirmation! :roll:

dustinac
12-21-2006, 09:48 AM
back when I was in school Vanillia Fields was popular.. I hated it cause the gals would take a bath in it and whew it would make me sick lol.. Tribe was also popular and my parents were so happy when that couldn't be found anymore :teehee:

nonny2t
12-21-2006, 10:26 AM

I used to wear that and I still love the smell. What about Heaven Scent? I loved that smell too. Those two scents always make me think of high school!

Lisa1216
12-21-2006, 11:01 AM
I remember Heaven Scent. I think my sister wore it. In high school I wore alot of the Avon perfumes, but can't remember the names. I don't care for their fragrances much anymore.

stitchwitch
12-21-2006, 11:32 AM
It's funny, when you google "Chanel No. 21" you get practically nothing - but one thing you do get is some perfume forum where somebody is betting her mother that there never was such a thing, even though her mother is insisting she wore it. I'm beginning to feel like my first perfume was some sort of Twilight Zone thing - no one believes it really existed! I'm about ready to e-mail Chanel and ask for confirmation! :roll:

Nope, it existed. I can remember going to Ivey's department store with my dad to buy my mom some of that for Christmas. I don't think it was offered continuously, I think it was just offered for a limited time like maybe during the holidays. I remember it being hard to find.

booskibabe
12-21-2006, 02:05 PM
I have a double holy grail, if that's allowed. :cheering:
I love Cartier and Delice de Cartier. Cartier is a light scent, not too sweet, kind of 'clean' smelling. Delice is an edible smelling concoction of cherries, vanilla, and some kind of pepper, I think. The result is very yummy. I alternate between the 2, depending on my mood.

Kirochka
12-21-2006, 02:27 PM
"Concoction" is one of my favorite words...! :D

(Those Cartier scents sound really nice...)

brownishcoat
12-21-2006, 02:54 PM
There's one that I wear every day, but I'm not posting it here. My aunt (who works the fragrance counter at Macy's) gave it to my daughter for Christmas last year.

My favorite is Ralph, by Ralph Lauren - very light and flowery. I just got some Physical Woman by Jockey, which I also like. I have some Silk Ribbons from Jessica McClintock (also from the aunt), very lovely, sometimes wear it for special occasions.

I used to really like Knowing by Estee Lauder, but it's been discontinued. I have a knockoff of Ralph Lauren Romance in my purse and I have a Charlie White (very light, not overpowering like the original) in my overnight bag.

I also love Jontue's Moonlight, but I have trouble finding it anywhere. I just did a search online, but the picture that came up is an amber liquid, while mine was always purple. Hmm.

Around the holidays, Walgreen's has very good deals on fragrance sets. I always look there when I want to try something new.

brownishcoat
12-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Jessica, is this your Egyptian Goddess? The oil is a little bit down the page.

http://www.auricblends.com/egyptiangoddess.html

Oils sound really interesting. I'm going to do a little research. :)

mystery
12-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Pink from Victoria's Secret is my fav. I also like Ralph Lauren (all of them!) and CK Euphoria.

mulene
12-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Chanel Crsitalle is one of my faves but I've not worn it for some time. Someone gave me some for my 19th birthday.

I used to wear Laura Ashley number 1 but that was discontinued years ago - I got it for my 16th birthday and LOVED it.

Now I have a mix - I love Benefit Maybe Baby perfume (also love Benefit cosmetics - especially Dr Feelgood!), its light and great for daytime wear. I also love Chanel No 5 for nighttime / special occasion wear. Chanel Chance is another one I like and coco mademoiselle. A colleague was wearing Davidoff cool water for women and it was lovely - really liked that smell.

Deeknit
12-22-2006, 08:06 AM
I wear one of three I own and truly enjoy all three - Donna Karan - ???got to go look up the name, Chanel Allure for Women, and Abacrombie/Fitch Woman.

deeknit

Pink Dandelion
12-22-2006, 08:32 AM
I don't wear perfumes much, only for 'formal' occasions. But when I do it's usually natural essential oils... regular perfumes always smell way too strong and harsh to my oversensitive nose, and less people seem sensitive to the oils, so I don't worry so much about bothering people around me by wearing them.

I generally get them at the makeup counters in natural foods stores, but sometimes they're with the incense.

My favorite has always been "Rose" by Secret Garden, but I'm pretty sure that's been discontinued, which makes me sad... it was the first one I'd ever found that kept that sweet garden rose smell.

There was a woman who came in to where I worked and she was wearing a cedar scent, smelled sooo good, but I could never find it, I was a little afraid such a strong scent would get to me after awhile... I like cinnamon and clove scents too... but it's a very seasonal scent to me, and I don't like to go around smelling like a pumpkin pie year round ;)

I'd like to pick up a jasmine scent sometime...

Funny how certain smells bring back memories.

So true!! Every time I smell eucalyptus it makes me think of my grandma... took me the longest time to figure out why, I finally realized that it was in her hand crème that she'd use every night.

Going back to old shampoos sends me for a walk down memory lane too.

Kirochka
12-22-2006, 09:56 AM
I always loved the scent of the original Breck Shampoo - I'm not even sure they make it anymore.

I thought of another perfume I had once - Nina Ricci's Deci Dela, which a French cousin brought me when she visited the States. OMG - it was SO strong. I even tried the spray-the-air-and-walk-through-the-mist approach to putting it on, and it still was way too strong. I eventually had to get rid of it...