PDA

View Full Version : A long time... and a question

EssenceRose
12-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Well, it's been a long time since I've posted and that's because it's been a long time since I was able to knit. LOL Being pregnant did something to me... baby did NOT like the feel or smell of wool -- or any yarn for that matter. But recently (like last week) I picked up the sock I was working on just to see and LO and behold!! I'm able to knit without feeling sick to my stomach. LOL

So I've been trying to finish my sock (on DPN's) and I've come to the gusset... which is fine. But the pattern calls it an adult sock. This sock, however, is by NO means going to fit an adult -- unless said adult has tiny little munchkin feet. :?? It's more suited for a child... I followed the pattern exactly and I know it's the right yarn (Opal yarn... as it's an opal yarn pattern that came with the yarn when I bought it). So is there any way to scale it up to fit an adult foot??? It annoys me that I've started this and it's turned out exactly the opposite that it says it will.

Rorshach
12-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Only way I can really think that it'll fit an adult is, if you've followed the pattern and the cuff with stretch enough to accomodate the foot that's going into it. Then after you've picked up the stitches for the gussets and are onto the heels, just make the length of the foot that it's intended for. Without seeing the pattern itself it's hard to tell from where I sit.