PDA

View Full Version : Cap knitting problem

Buddysgirl
12-20-2006, 11:14 AM
I am trying to knit my first cap in the round. Twice, I have decreased carefully until the last four stitches and then pulled the yarn through the four and think I am all done;but it starts to unravel; not from the last stitches, but in the rows below that. I'm almost certain I kept track of every stitch - what causes this? How can I keep it from happening? Does it mean that I HAVE dropped a stitch along the way? Please help.

brendajos
12-20-2006, 11:20 AM
i can't think of any other reason for it besides a dropped stitch somewhere. There is a great video here (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php) about how to fix it when that happens. i use it, sadly, all the time it seems. just scroll down a bit and you will find it.

Jan in CA
12-20-2006, 01:21 PM
That's the only reason I can think of, too. One thing you can do is keep track of how many stitches are supposed to be on your needle/s and count a cople times after every row.

Buddysgirl
12-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks everyone for all your input! I completed my first cap knitting in the round and I am so jazzed about it! Plan to start another one for my nephew this weekend. I love this forum!