PDA

View Full Version : you've all convinced me!

letah75
12-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Ok, I'll admit it, I want some Malabrigo! Everyone talks about its yummyness, and how heavenly it is. My LYS doesn't sell the stuff. So I wanted to ask:

Where the heck do you get ths yarn? Can someone steer me towards a good online store?

brendajos
12-21-2006, 11:16 AM
I get all of mine from www.personalthreads.com. Looking forward to stocking up when they do their clearance sale soon! :happydance:

Chel
12-21-2006, 11:17 AM
If you go to www.malabrigoyarn.com they have a store locator as well as color cards. The yarn is WONDERFUL and lovely to work with, but it does pill so be wary of what you make with it... underarms and such would wear faster than scarves and such. Other than the pilling issue, Malabrigo is yummy stuff!

letah75
12-21-2006, 12:05 PM
If you go to www.malabrigoyarn.com they have a store locator as well as color cards. The yarn is WONDERFUL and lovely to work with, but it does pill so be wary of what you make with it... underarms and such would wear faster than scarves and such. Other than the pilling issue, Malabrigo is yummy stuff!

I went to the site, and the closest store to me that sells it is 3 hours away. Luckly that 3 hours away is where my parents live. So next time I get down to visit them I will be first stopping at that store. But I want to get some now :-(

I've heard so many things about it, that I've got the "gimmies"

Stiney
12-21-2006, 12:07 PM
I know Webs has it, but I think you might be able to find it cheaper at another store.

orcoastknitter
12-21-2006, 12:59 PM
I ordered my from Web's I think it was about $12 a hank. I wanted to order it from Lambikins (http://www.lambikins.com/), however they didn't have the color I wanted.

The nearest store for me that has it, is about 3 1/2 hours from me. In fact, any decent yarn store is about 1 - 1 1/2 hours from me.

:(

letah75
12-21-2006, 01:06 PM
In fact, any decent yarn store is about 1 - 1 1/2 from me.

:(

:!!!: I would have horrible yarn withdrawals! I have two good stores near me, one in the city I live and one in the 'city' (more like a town) that I work. Thank goodness for small favors.

brownishcoat
12-21-2006, 01:17 PM
My almost-LYS has it for $10.65 a hank, and they are planning an online store after the new year.

www.yarntopiaonline.com

Compulsive
12-21-2006, 01:22 PM
I did a Froogle search for you. It lists stores that carry the yarn from lowest price to the highest. Even one of KH's own members popped up with the Smore's sweater vest pattern.

Froogle for Malabrigo yarn (http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Malabrigo&hl=en&btnG=Search+Froogle&lmode=online&scoring=p/)

Julie
12-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Don't forget about the WEBS discount -- If you buy 5 skeins ($60) then you get 20% off, which brings it down to $9.60 a skein :happydance:

brendajos
12-21-2006, 02:09 PM
one thing to be aware of when you are looking is to make sure what is being offered is worsted, or chunky. Chunky weight is only abou 65 yards, which is fine if that is what you are looking for, but worsted is about 215 yards. They run about the same price too. Save the money....buy two hanks of worsted! :thumbsup: