PDA

View Full Version : Favorite beginings!

Kamie
12-26-2006, 12:51 AM
I am so excited. And feeling a little dorky. :muah:

I posted a few days ago about holding the yarn in the right hand. I was 3 days into knitting and was feeling lost.

I mastered a scarf with crappy yarn just for pactice.

It was hard, but not so much I got though it and loved it!

This is the one.

Cable Knit Scarf[ (http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60053.html)

It didn't turn out great, but I didn't loose a stitch, and didn't mess up. :cheering: See I am a dork.

What I really want to master is afgans. I am going to the craft store tomorrow to get materials for this one. It seems easy enough.

afgan (http://web.archive.org/web/20041009215000/www.thesmartyarns.com/patterns/Oct01/Homespun.html)

Yes there is a question in my ramblings. :rofl:

I would love to have some more supplies on hand tomorrow to be able to do some easier afgans. I haven't messed with circular needles yet. But am going to buy some tomorrow to learn that as well.

This is addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a pill for the love to knit?

Please send me you favorite afagan easy to learn links.

I am not good yet, but I don't suck! :muah:

ETA, Merry Christmas! This knitting is becoming a quick addiction and I forgot my manners.

Georgiasmama
12-26-2006, 12:57 AM
I just made my mother in law a throw for Christmas and it was very simple and easy.

I was trying to follow a pattern but ended up not. so all I did was

CO 110 stitches (depending on yarn and needles) with Lion bran Chenille thick & quick with size 13 needles.

Knit the first 5 rows
then K5 st st 100 K5 repeat for how ever long you want it. if you click on my blog link, there are pictures of it.

suzeeq
12-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Circular needles would be a good thing if you want to make an afghan all in one piece. You knit back and forth on them like straight needles, but you can put a lot more stitches on them and you don't have to hold them up like you would with straights.

sue

Kamie
12-26-2006, 01:39 AM
Circular needles would be a good thing if you want to make an afghan all in one piece. You knit back and forth on them like straight needles, but you can put a lot more stitches on them and you don't have to hold them up like you would with straights.

sue

Thanks Sue I do understand that, but not sure I am ready for it.

I need more practice and the best practice I have found is trying. I just want to practice a tad more with reg needles. Easy patterens. Next week after I get my ciruclar needles and play with the cheap stuff I hope I can ask for better patterns and get a feel for circular needles.

I learn by trial and error, and I know what I am ready for. And I will play with the ciruclar needles next week, in between my projects.

Any good begininger afgan patterens that I can get material for in the mean time?

Georgiasmama
12-26-2006, 01:43 AM
I can tell you that the throw I made for my mother in law.... that was my first time on cir. needles, I had started a hat, but didnt finish it until after the throw was done. I think if you just go for it, you will be ok. but you have to do what you feel is comfy to you. that is the important thing.