PDA

View Full Version : My daughters Knitty gift...

mintdee
12-27-2006, 02:11 PM
She has finally caught on with knitting and is doing a pretty good job. :happydance: I am so proud. She doesn't have to stop me ever stitch to find out what to do next. Still dropping stitches but not nearly as often! Anyway for christmas my MIL got her a knitting kit for kids (crappy yarn but has a wayy cute basket to hold the yarn and some wood needles that will need the wax paper treatment but good.) and Santa got her some yarn and her own needles.

Today she has her very first FO, a wrist warmer for her Grammy. :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance:

horve1
12-27-2006, 02:23 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Awesome!!!!

Rennagayle
12-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Sandra, you must be so very proud of her! :cheering:

The little knitting basket is so cute, and I'm sure she feels most grown-up, having her very own yarn, needles, and basket. :D

I wish I'd learned to knit when my dd was young, so I could have started her out knitting early. :?

feminine_earth
12-27-2006, 02:33 PM
That is so cool! I wish I had some younger siblings to teach how to knit. But when I have kids, I hope they'll want to learn! Cuz they're gonna learn whether they like it or not! :teehee:

craftymom
12-27-2006, 02:56 PM
:cheering: Great job! How old is she? I love passing on stuff like knitting, sewing, etc.

sara_jayne
12-27-2006, 02:58 PM
You must be so proud!!!! She is adorable and how sweet of her to knit something for her grammie!!

nonny2t
12-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Wow! You are doing great! Keep up the good work and it won't be long until you are better than Mom!!!! Beautiful yarn!

Jaxhil
12-27-2006, 06:22 PM
:cheering: :muah: SWEEEEEET! How great that she wants to learn!! You must be thrilled :teehee: I hope my DD will want to learn to knit and sew when she gets bigger (she's 3 now, and loves my patterns and buttons, zippers and of course knitting needles) She especially loves removing dpn's from projects and lovingly bringing them to me, saying "hea it tis" (here it is!) Thanks, sweetie :wall: LOL

mks22300
12-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Yay for your daughter! :cheering:

five_six
12-28-2006, 04:54 AM
Jaxhil wrote:

(she's 3 now, and loves my patterns and buttons, zippers and of course knitting needles) She especially loves removing dpn's from projects and lovingly bringing them to me, saying "hea it tis" (here it is!) Thanks, sweetie

Oh my goodness... I think I have your twin!!! :doh:

Debbie
12-28-2006, 06:31 AM
My favorite memory of this holiday will be when my Granddaughter (6) went upstairs and brought her knitting down to knit while we watched a Christmas movie.... and I had not even picked mine up yet !!

She only lasts row or two but she likes to have it close :) She started out helping me "throw" and then knitting with my help on each stitch. Now she can pick up her project and remember how to knit. She still says "in through the front door, around the back, through the window, off jumps jack with each stitch :)

I took a class at Joanns to learn to knit ... I am so tickled she will be able to say my Grandma Debbie taught me how to knit.... AND she let me use her GOOD YARN.

mintdee
12-28-2006, 12:59 PM
It really is an awesome thing! I was strutting around the house bragging about it to everyone who would listen. She is 8 now and we have been working on it off and on for about a year. She would get frustrated and quit for a while, pick it up again and start the cycle all over again. Until a few days ago when it just clicked. She sat for the longest time just knitting. It was so cool. I told her that if she keeps it up she will get better than me and she just thought that was awesome. :doh: :roflhard: I figure that if she learns and continues to knit then very cool. If she learns, knits and then puts it down, not a big deal just because she has that ability. I taught her and further down the road she decides to pick up knitting again wonderful :) Either way she is destined to be addicted, it is only a matter of time.

Kaydee
12-28-2006, 02:02 PM
That's so great that she is learning! I love how she looks so focused in that first pic....its too cute!

Jan in CA
12-28-2006, 02:12 PM
That is so sweet! I wish someone had taught me as a kid!